Koklyaev: 160kg Close Grip Muscle Snatch

What can I say? Koklyaev is a man of many talents. He even looks badass playing the accordion:

Insane strength, but at the same time such a goofball. Its funny how he’s always laughing or smiling after a huge lift. One of my favorite vids of him is his 160 kg poetry snatch:

He is a total freak, one of my favorite athletes. Take a look at all of his videos, there is just some sick sick stuff on youtube. Seems to be a cool guy as well, very laid back.

Monopoly

The most disturbing thing about him is that NOTHING he does surprises me any more.

He could turn up at my house holding a hummer overhead with one arm, tell me he’s my mother and that we’re really aliens, and I’d be inclined to believe him.

Hanley, i dont even want to know what your inspiration was to come up with that analogy, but i liked it haha

In Soviet Russia, men snap weight in half!

In Soviet Russia, weight lift you!

My favorite strength athlete in the world.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
The most disturbing thing about him is that NOTHING he does surprises me any more.

He could turn up at my house holding a hummer overhead with one arm, tell me he’s my mother and that we’re really aliens, and I’d be inclined to believe him.[/quote]

This gets my vote for best post ever on this site.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
My favorite strength athlete in the world.[/quote]

I tend to agree. Lbstone is my favorite strongman, but I tend to lead towards the belief that if he wanted to, he (possibly with Siders) could dominate strength sports. He’s already a well accomplished oly lifter with a deadlift to make most powerlifters cry (Koklyaev Mikhail dead lift 390*3 - YouTube), and he’s always in the top 3 in any strongman competition.

I found this as impressive as anything I’ve ever seen in a weightroom:

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
Donut62 wrote:

He’s already a well accomplished oly lifter with a deadlift to make most powerlifters cry (Koklyaev Mikhail dead lift 390*3 - YouTube), and he’s always in the top 3 in any strongman competition.[/quote]

Good god… 860 x 3, double over hand, no straps? Jesus…

[quote]IvanDmitritch wrote:
threewhitelights wrote:
Donut62 wrote:

He’s already a well accomplished oly lifter with a deadlift to make most powerlifters cry (Koklyaev Mikhail dead lift 390*3 - YouTube), and he’s always in the top 3 in any strongman competition.

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure he used straps…

Did you watch the vid? Definitely no straps. I’m sure he’s using a hook grip, but still…

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
IvanDmitritch wrote:
threewhitelights wrote:
Donut62 wrote:

He’s already a well accomplished oly lifter with a deadlift to make most powerlifters cry (Koklyaev Mikhail dead lift 390*3 - YouTube), and he’s always in the top 3 in any strongman competition.

I’m pretty sure he used straps…[/quote]

No straps chief, he even comes to show the camera.

I love how he translated it as ‘death lift’ too haha

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
I love how he translated it as ‘death lift’ too haha[/quote]

I’m pretty sure he types most of English posts into Google translate. I read a lot of Russian language articles and forums with Google translate and most of those phrases are familiar and hilarious.

No straps, a belt, in Oly shoes. Death lift indeed.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
My favorite strength athlete in the world.[/quote]

Mine too.

And he’s really close to the best also.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Hanley wrote:

He could turn up at my house holding a hummer overhead with one arm, tell me he’s my mother and that we’re really aliens, and I’d be inclined to believe him.

This gets my vote for best post ever on this site.[/quote]

Thank you!!

I just tried to think of the most absurd thing I could and that was it!!!