Knowledge Is Good

I also recently heard about the amino spiking and the issue with BCAA made with feathers and hair. I am sure most people who read and participate in this site with comments and purchases of products know that the items they buy are the real deal.

A lot of young guys do not seem to understand how they are getting ripped off and how our industry is trying to change for the better. Every one loves a deal but if the label says one thing and inside is really something else, who really benefits?

I have been reading articles and purchasing items off this site for a number of years and have always been more then satisfied. Why not assign one of the writers to do an article about some issues now showing up in of the industry like the one and only TC did with THE PROTEIN INSIDER
An Inside Look at the Protein Business. That was one of my all time favorites!

Anyone else out there feel the same?

I don’t want to sound jaded, but the longer I’m around the industry, the more I find out things that are just wrong with it. Sadly, many of the younger, and newer folks are either naive, or just uninformed and get taken advantage of.

Supplement wise, it’s just ridiculous. The # of companies putting out crap is just insane, and anyone who is in any type of decent shape, or who has done a single show is lining up to be “sponsored” and hawk their crap on every social media outlet available.

IMO there are only a handful of lines that have proven quality over a considerable length of time that I recommend to clients. Everything else? It’s a total crap shoot.

S

[quote]duke6j wrote:
I also recently heard about the amino spiking and the issue with BCAA made with feathers and hair. I am sure most people who read and participate in this site with comments and purchases of products know that the items they buy are the real deal.

A lot of young guys do not seem to understand how they are getting ripped off and how our industry is trying to change for the better. Every one loves a deal but if the label says one thing and inside is really something else, who really benefits?

I have been reading articles and purchasing items off this site for a number of years and have always been more then satisfied. Why not assign one of the writers to do an article about some issues now showing up in of the industry like the one and only TC did with THE PROTEIN INSIDER
An Inside Look at the Protein Business. That was one of my all time favorites!

Anyone else out there feel the same?
[/quote]

I’d like to do another take on “The Protein Insider,” but I’m not sure my sources are around any more. I’ll hunt around, though.

If anyone can put together a great article, it is you TC!!
Make us all proud and bring the TC we all know to the table with your skills.

I thank Jim Stoppani for bringing all of this to my attention. Besides Biotest, his products are the only other ones I completely trust.