T Nation

Knockout Kings

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:
This shit is nuts. Flash robbery, the latest craze.

[/quote]

The salespeople can only follow one black person around the store, but 19 black people?

Calling the police was definetely a good idea. Hopefully he requested 18 cops to follow the others.[/quote]

With a name like “G-Star Raw” I’m assuming it caters to the urban market already? I want to see that same group pull off a heist in a predominantly white people store. Hopefully the video catches the simultaneous heart attacks of all white staff members.

This really isnt a new phenomenon, you guys are probably too young but in the 80s and 90s their was a gang in NYC called the lo lifes (ralphies kids) and other than the usual bullshit street gangs do, they would bumrush department stores in droves and steal all the polo gear. Shit when I was with my mom in Macy’s as a 13 year old and saw bunch of black kids in polo gear, I was like ummmm “mom can we leave and get an Orange Julius”?

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

This really isnt a new phenomenon, you guys are probably too young but in the 80s and 90s their was a gang in NYC called the lo lifes (ralphies kids) and other than the usual bullshit street gangs do, they would bumrush department stores in droves and steal all the polo gear. Shit when I was with my mom in Macy’s as a 13 year old and saw bunch of black kids in polo gear, I was like ummmm “mom can we leave and get an Orange Julius”?

[/quote]

I am no longer scared of the black people in my city, I think it’s time I give this interracial dating thing a try!

I’ve read about New York’s gang history, but this is the first I’m hearing of the “lo lifes”, the whole idea behind it just kind of seems weird to me.

Not weird, kind of corny if you ask me, but growing up they were pretty intimidating, though I swear some of em were wearing tommy hilfigger lol.

Black women are really nice! you should try one!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
This really isnt a new phenomenon, you guys are probably too young but in the 80s and 90s their was a gang in NYC called the lo lifes (ralphies kids) and other than the usual bullshit street gangs do, they would bumrush department stores in droves and steal all the polo gear. Shit when I was with my mom in Macy’s as a 13 year old and saw bunch of black kids in polo gear, I was like ummmm “mom can we leave and get an Orange Julius”?

[/quote]

True. I went to college in DC, so the first thing I thought when I saw this “flash mob” video was WTF are they talking about? This isn’t new at all. Back when I was in school, college kids would do it ALL the time and I am betting they still do. But it looks bad if you say kids from Howard or American or Georgetown, etc. are robbing stores. Much easier to make it a news story when you can play into stereotypes instead of admitting that the kids that go to the colleges that help prop up your city’s faltering economy are just as bad and sometimes, worse.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Not weird, kind of corny if you ask me, but growing up they were pretty intimidating, though I swear some of em were wearing tommy hilfigger lol.

Black women are really nice! you should try one![/quote]

I shall! Oh and I picked up that S.O.S. EP (hardcore super group that was discussed in the Hardcore music thread) it’s worth a listen for sure

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:
This shit is nuts. Flash robbery, the latest craze.

[/quote]

The salespeople can only follow one black person around the store, but 19 black people?

Calling the police was definetely a good idea. Hopefully he requested 18 cops to follow the others.[/quote]

With a name like “G-Star Raw” I’m assuming it caters to the urban market already? I want to see that same group pull off a heist in a predominantly white people store. Hopefully the video catches the simultaneous heart attacks of all white staff members.[/quote]

A predominantly white people store? Like a Dutch company with stores in SOHO, Santa Monica, and San Francisco; where all the models on their website are white and all the employees in their stores are white? I wonder where one could find such a store?

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Not weird, kind of corny if you ask me, but growing up they were pretty intimidating, though I swear some of em were wearing tommy hilfigger lol.

Black women are really nice! you should try one![/quote]

I shall! Oh and I picked up that S.O.S. EP (hardcore super group that was discussed in the Hardcore music thread) it’s worth a listen for sure[/quote]

Ill check it out, oh have you ever heard of Most Precious Blood? Vegan Hardcore from Bklyn, you might like.