Knife Fight Video

You know that idiot should’ve been a bit more ready to dodge an attack. His footwork was pure shit and if the old guy actually tried to hurt him then his guts would be on the floor.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]punchedbear wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
I don’t think it’s a matter of “Oh shit, I live in such a hellhole that I have to be armed 24/7.” It’s an matter of being prepared for the worst case scenario as practically as possible. Geez, the video is from Waikiki! That place doesn’t exactly scream “danger zone” to me.[/quote]
Hawaiian cities outside of tourist spots are tough places. I had a buddy of mine get put in a hospital pretty bad just for being a white boy out at night.[/quote]
Fair call. I’ve heard similar about Jamaica and even Atlantic City (I’m sure FightinIrish can elaborate). Nice enough in the “pre-determined” tourist areas and then a hard 180 outside of those spots. Still though, the video looks like it’s practically in a hotel lobby.[/quote]

AC is always, always a rough town. And being as I manage to find the worst in everywhere I go, I’ve even been to the few remaining spots in Hoboken that are still rough and tumble. They’re hidden, but they’re there.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
And being as I manage to find the worst in everywhere I go[/quote]

Some guys have all the damn luck…

Lately I have developed the same affliction a Late Irish Priest once warned me about

“I try to stay free from evil…Unfortunately, I succeed.”

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
And being as I manage to find the worst in everywhere I go[/quote]

Some guys have all the damn luck…

Lately I have developed the same affliction a Late Irish Priest once warned me about

“I try to stay free from evil…Unfortunately, I succeed.”

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

I know right? It’s like you can’t start a fight because then you’re legally liable but nobody will attack you. And I’m still being watched because of the last time that someone accused me of pulling a knife on them.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]stupidlikeafox wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:
but why leave when you can be somewhere that is so shitty you feel the need to have a weapon in your hand?
[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts when you guys from the US talk about carrying a concealed weapon. Everyone seems so blase about it, but if I ever got to the point where I felt my personal safety was under threat enough in daily life that I would have to carry a weapon - I wouldn’t buy one, instead I’d move town/city/state etc
[/quote]

As both Chris and Sentoguy have stated, that is really not where I was going. Weapons are simply tools. Knives can be fairly useful outside of being used as a weapon, and I cannot imagine being without one for any length of time. Firearms are a bit more useless in that they are damn near uni-taskers and are only good for putting holes in things at a distance(yeah, yeah two shots in the woods is a signal…). Still, when they are useful, they are VERY useful.

I submit weapons are worth carrying for the same reason that having a spare tire, a jack, and a tire iron are useful in your car. They may allow you to solve a very specific problem, that you never want to have. In the above quote it wasn’t about not wanting to carry a weapon, it was that if I think I need to have it IN MY HAND than it ain’t all blondes and blowjobs. To continue the car analogy, I don’t get excited about having to change a flat either.(Side note: Carry WD-40 or some type of penetrating oil in the car. Hose down all the bolts prior to getting out the spare, jack, and tools. This can limit the duration, if not the intensity of the cursing.)

Regards,

Robert A [/quote]

I should have stated that I was using Roberts quote as a segway into my own views, I know he was taking the piss!

Once again though Robert comes through with the goods - the solving a specific solution is a perfect analogy which i didn’t think of.