Knife Fight Video

Thought you guys would enjoy this. It randomly popped up in the sidebar of another vid I was watching.

The entire video’s description: “Two guys get into an argument, throw a brochure rack and pint bottle at each other and have a verbal standoff”

So we don’t have any details about what happened before the camera started rolling or why they were arguing in the first place. We just see a young-ish unarmed guy posturing and yelling at a slightly-older guy who has a substantial-sized knife (and takes several slow, half-hearted swipes with it throughout the “fight”). And of course, the older dude has to try to get the last word once he’s walking away.

Seems like this very, very easily could’ve gone very bad for one or both dudes if they did end up engaging.

Lol.

That young guy is a fucking fool. He’s lucky the old man had no idea how to use a blade. He’s lucky the old man wasn’t going for the kill, and was just trying to scare him off. Someone more experienced would’ve have slashed that black guy open.

I’m not even sure he even knows how to counter a knife attack. He just stands there as the blade almost strokes his face. Daredevil cunt.

What’s the point of dancing like a clown around someone weaving a weapon at you? Don’t play tough. Act or walk/run the fuck away.

For some reason I thought it would be the liveleak machete fight video.

The above was just two people hoping/praying for any reason not to fight.

The Machete fight(Do not watch if you do not want to see brutality)

I am not going to imbed the “aftermath”. However it can be found on liveleak, or the youtube channel from the above video.

Derail: If that is you in your avatar Ninjaa, you look fantastic.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Yes, I agree.

So, the victim was able to get up and hobble away. Was it really and abdominal slash?

I didn’t read anything else other than Ninjaa’s avatar… so hot.

“What’s the point of dancing like a clown around someone weaving a weapon at you? Don’t play tough. Act or walk/run the fuck away”

So correct, reminds me of some type of cartoon for kids. Either leave or neutralize the threat.

In the original video the man with the knife is exhibiting the tell tale signs of believing his weapon is some kind of magic wand/anti bad things totem. He is just fucking waiving that blade around. At several points I swear he was doing a Harry Potter impression, I could almost hear fake latin incantations in his head.

The video I posted had a fair amount of that as well, but the half assed fencing turned into a mauling.

[quote]idaho wrote:
“What’s the point of dancing like a clown around someone weaving a weapon at you? Don’t play tough. Act or walk/run the fuck away”

So correct, reminds me of some type of cartoon for kids. Either leave or neutralize the threat. [/quote]

The issue here is that neither you nor DarkNinjaa are afflicted with stupid.

In the video two assholes get offended with each other and proceed to woof themselves up to the point of maybe getting their hands dirty while making a huge show of it, because witnesses make everything better. The older guy doubles down on the stupid by drawing his “magic wand of choice” and starts waiving it around, again in front of fucking witnesses. The other fella sees this and TRIPPLES down on the stupid by staying around and still doing his threat display/douchebaggery, almost walking into the damn blade a few times.

Several times reason almost broke out and it looked like the old guy would walk away, but why leave when you can be somewhere that is so shitty you feel the need to have a weapon in your hand?

I am not sure if an actual knifing would have been “uglier” than the realization that these brain trust members are out there right now making decisions that could impact non-douchebags.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]DeadKong wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Yes, I agree.

So, the victim was able to get up and hobble away. Was it really and abdominal slash?
[/quote]

In the “aftermath” video a man has suffered serious damage to his face/jaw.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:
In the original video the man with the knife is exhibiting the tell tale signs of believing his weapon is some kind of magic wand/anti bad things totem. He is just fucking waiving that blade around. At several points I swear he was doing a Harry Potter impression, I could almost hear fake latin incantations in his head.

The video I posted had a fair amount of that as well, but the half assed fencing turned into a mauling.

[quote]idaho wrote:

So correct, reminds me of some type of cartoon for kids. Either leave or neutralize the threat. [/quote]

The issue here is that neither you nor DarkNinjaa are afflicted with stupid.

In the video two assholes get offended with each other and proceed to woof themselves up to the point of maybe getting their hands dirty while making a huge show of it, because witnesses make everything better. The older guy doubles down on the stupid by drawing his “magic wand of choice” and starts waiving it around, again in front of fucking witnesses. The other fella sees this and TRIPPLES down on the stupid by staying around and still doing his threat display/douchebaggery, almost walking into the damn blade a few times.

Several times reason almost broke out and it looked like the old guy would walk away, but why leave when you can be somewhere that is so shitty you feel the need to have a weapon in your hand?

I am not sure if an actual knifing would have been “uglier” than the realization that these brain trust members are out there right now making decisions that could impact non-douchebags.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Hilarious post. I have nothing useful to add - eg, stay away from pointy things, no matter how shiny they are.

The level of stupidity in that first video is mindboggling.

Oh, and DarkNinjaa, daaaaaamn!

[quote]Robert A wrote:
but why leave when you can be somewhere that is so shitty you feel the need to have a weapon in your hand?
[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts when you guys from the US talk about carrying a concealed weapon. Everyone seems so blase about it, but if I ever got to the point where I felt my personal safety was under threat enough in daily life that I would have to carry a weapon - I wouldn’t buy one, instead I’d move town/city/state etc

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
He’s lucky the old man wasn’t going for the kill, and was just trying to scare him off.[/quote]
Agreed. I’m of the mindset that personal carry weapons (gun, knife, etc.) aren’t deterrents, they’re finishers. Just like I wouldn’t draw a concealed carry gun to “scare off” an attacker, I wouldn’t draw a knife without knowing I’m about to use it.

[quote]stupidlikeafox wrote:
Everyone seems so blase about it, but if I ever got to the point where I felt my personal safety was under threat enough in daily life that I would have to carry a weapon - I wouldn’t buy one, instead I’d move town/city/state etc[/quote]
I can’t say that I agree with, or even fully understand, that line of thinking. That’s almost like saying, “as soon as I feel the need to learn a self-defense martial art, I’m moving to an idyllic countryside to avoid all possible threats.”

I don’t think it’s a matter of “Oh shit, I live in such a hellhole that I have to be armed 24/7.” It’s an matter of being prepared for the worst case scenario as practically as possible. Geez, the video is from Waikiki! That place doesn’t exactly scream “danger zone” to me.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

I don’t think it’s a matter of “Oh shit, I live in such a hellhole that I have to be armed 24/7.” It’s an matter of being prepared for the worst case scenario as practically as possible. Geez, the video is from Waikiki! That place doesn’t exactly scream “danger zone” to me.[/quote]
Hawaiian cities outside of tourist spots are tough places. I had a buddy of mine get put in a hospital pretty bad just for being a white boy out at night.

Literally it went hey white boy and bang he was hit. Thats all he remembered. So the Hawaii well paradise in weather has its tough and bad areas.

Playing with knifes is so dumb. People watch to many movies and think they can fight some one with a blade.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
but why leave when you can be somewhere that is so shitty you feel the need to have a weapon in your hand?
[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts when you guys from the US talk about carrying a concealed weapon. Everyone seems so blase about it, but if I ever got to the point where I felt my personal safety was under threat enough in daily life that I would have to carry a weapon - I wouldn’t buy one, instead I’d move town/city/state etc
[/quote]

I don’t know that that’s a fair logical extension of what Robert is talking about. I don’t disagree that in an ideal situation moving to a less crime ridden area from an extremely high crime ridden area might not be a bad idea, but it’s not always that easy of an option.

I have my own issues with a lot of people carrying concealed weapons, but I don’t have a problem with people wanting to be able to defend themselves (perhaps the issue with feeling such a need is what you are reacting to more so than the weapons themselves, which would be a topic more for PWI than Combat Sports), and I don’t think anyone is going to argue that a weapon is going to make anyone who knows how to use it exponentially more dangerous/lethal.

[quote]punchedbear wrote:

I don’t think it’s a matter of “Oh shit, I live in such a hellhole that I have to be armed 24/7.” It’s an matter of being prepared for the worst case scenario as practically as possible. Geez, the video is from Waikiki! That place doesn’t exactly scream “danger zone” to me.[/quote]
Hawaiian cities outside of tourist spots are tough places. I had a buddy of mine get put in a hospital pretty bad just for being a white boy out at night.[/quote]
Fair call. I’ve heard similar about Jamaica and even Atlantic City (I’m sure FightinIrish can elaborate). Nice enough in the “pre-determined” tourist areas and then a hard 180 outside of those spots. Still though, the video looks like it’s practically in a hotel lobby.

[quote]punchedbear wrote:

Hawaiian cities outside of tourist spots are tough places. I had a buddy of mine get put in a hospital pretty bad just for being a white boy out at night.[/quote]
Fair call. I’ve heard similar about Jamaica and even Atlantic City (I’m sure FightinIrish can elaborate). Nice enough in the “pre-determined” tourist areas and then a hard 180 outside of those spots. Still though, the video looks like it’s practically in a hotel lobby.[/quote]

Yeah, Anaheim turns pretty sketchy pretty quick outside the environs of Disneyland. It’s pretty surreal actually.

The Aftermath video made my stomach churn…

[quote]Robert A wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

As both Chris and Sentoguy have stated, that is really not where I was going. Weapons are simply tools. Knives can be fairly useful outside of being used as a weapon, and I cannot imagine being without one for any length of time. Firearms are a bit more useless in that they are damn near uni-taskers and are only good for putting holes in things at a distance(yeah, yeah two shots in the woods is a signal…). Still, when they are useful, they are VERY useful.

I submit weapons are worth carrying for the same reason that having a spare tire, a jack, and a tire iron are useful in your car. They may allow you to solve a very specific problem, that you never want to have. In the above quote it wasn’t about not wanting to carry a weapon, it was that if I think I need to have it IN MY HAND than it ain’t all blondes and blowjobs. To continue the car analogy, I don’t get excited about having to change a flat either.(Side note: Carry WD-40 or some type of penetrating oil in the car. Hose down all the bolts prior to getting out the spare, jack, and tools. This can limit the duration, if not the intensity of the cursing.)

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
He’s lucky the old man wasn’t going for the kill, and was just trying to scare him off.[/quote]
Agreed. I’m of the mindset that personal carry weapons (gun, knife, etc.) aren’t deterrents, they’re finishers. Just like I wouldn’t draw a concealed carry gun to “scare off” an attacker, I wouldn’t draw a knife without knowing I’m about to use it.
[/quote]

I think I get your meaning. I am more of the mind that “I’m about to use it.” should be “If things continue to go tits up I will need to use it.” One major reason is that drawing takes time, and if you or I wait until we are absolutely positive that we should be shooting/cutting/stabbing in order to start to get our hands on a weapon we may find ourselves in an untenable position.

I submit that when you truly need a weapon, you are going to need it “NOW”. This means you may have to start the draw a bit early, the ultimate decision on using deadly force should be something you make, and revisit until you shift your focus to your front sight. Don’t let “He may not attack me.” and certainly not “This isn’t really happening” get in the way. And surely don’t feel like you are duty bound to shoot or otherwise put holes in someone because they started a criminal assault, but are now unassing the area since you armed yourself. Even while drawing you are still gathering information and making decisions.

Regards,

Robert A