Knife Attack

Glock Model 26. 9MM

“My cousin was in the Twin SWAT and he told me about how a down jacket could stop a hollow-point so I am sure that I will be going the full metal jacket round. I realize the round may might hurt like a mother, nut if I make the choice to pull a trigger on someone, I do not want to question if the round will stop them”

1. I mean no disrespect your cousin, but, as a former Tactical Commander and present Unit Leader, I am going to have to respectfully disagree based on my actual experience. Unless fired from a medium to heavy caliber rifle, a full metal jacket round is the not the best choice for street defense. Most actual gunfights in urban areas take place in about 7 yards or less. My LEO shootings averaged about 4 yards: one on the street, two in hotel entries, and one in a basement entry. At those distances, a down jacket is not going to help you much. From a ballistics standpoint, remember even with hollow point ammo, it not a sure thing the ammo will even expand at pistol velocities. To have reliable expansion, IMO, you need at least 1000 to 1300 FPS , and that is hard to do with a barrel shorter than 5 inches. One of the reasons I advocate the .45 ACP , its doesn’t have to expand to make a large hole, its 230 grain bullet is big enough already.

However, I belong to the “big bore crowd” and I realize a lot of military /police place their faith in a smaller grain hollow point bullet. Dedicated individuals are hard enough to kill as it is, and, I have seen some of the terrorists bad guys take multiple rifle rounds before giving up the fight. My personal carry guns in the States are a Wilson Combat .45 ACP and a Glock Model 41 ACP.

I don’t have a problem with concealment, but, I wear a large sized shirt for the purpose of carrying weapons.

These books come highly recommended to me and I will pass along the list.

1. The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker | Goodreads
  2. Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected by Rory Miller | Goodreads
  3. http://www.amazon.it/Psychological-Self-Defense-Predators-Criminals-Sociopaths/dp/1484921852
  4. On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace by Dave Grossman | Goodreads

I currently been reading number two in this list and I have been glad to have chosen that particular book. Training in person is vastly different and better in my opinion but I still enjoy the book.