Knees Crack w/ Front Squats

yeah. having the weight a bit in front of you (rather than in the rack) seems to have magical qualities when it comes to people engaging their abs and sitting down into their hip flexors while maintaining lumbar curve without falling over.

when that feels smooth and comfortable try and replicate it with the bar then when that is good add weight.

maybe check out this, too.

i have no early idea what you mean by ‘that burn’. so your hips don’t hurt now but your knees which pop but don’t hurt actually do hurt a bit after all???

i dunno dude. if you want form critique you really will need to post vids. it is amazing that often what we are actually doing is a lot different from what we think we are doing.

[quote]alexus wrote:
yeah. having the weight a bit in front of you (rather than in the rack) seems to have magical qualities when it comes to people engaging their abs and sitting down into their hip flexors while maintaining lumbar curve without falling over.

when that feels smooth and comfortable try and replicate it with the bar then when that is good add weight.

maybe check out this, too.

i have no early idea what you mean by ‘that burn’. so your hips don’t hurt now but your knees which pop but don’t hurt actually do hurt a bit after all???

i dunno dude. if you want form critique you really will need to post vids. it is amazing that often what we are actually doing is a lot different from what we think we are doing.[/quote]

yeah ill try to get a video soon and my right knee doesn’t hurt just feels sore. its not a pain that hurts so bad to say it hurts. i can feel it near the tibia right under my knee cap. its hard to describe.

my knees crack with front squats too…back squats, lunges, leg press, deads, pulls, walking stairs, getting out of chairs…etc.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
my knees crack with front squats too…back squats, lunges, leg press, deads, pulls, walking stairs, getting out of chairs…etc. [/quote]

damn man