Knees Buckling???

I know I should probably know this but whenever I’m squatting with semi heavy loads for myself(80% or higher)for reps as i get to say the last couple reps if i’m not careful or paying attention to it my knees tend to buckle in when coming out of the hole.Note that I’m a wide stance low bar squatter.

I feel it’s because I’m a long limbed 5’9" bodytype and only do convential pulling.Would sumo pulls and narrow stance olympic style help>thanks in advance.

[quote]Loucifer1 wrote:
I know I should probably know this but whenever I’m squatting with semi heavy loads for myself(80% or higher)for reps as i get to say the last couple reps if i’m not careful or paying attention to it my knees tend to buckle in when coming out of the hole.Note that I’m a wide stance low bar squatter.

I feel it’s because I’m a long limbed 5’9" bodytype and only do convential pulling.Would sumo pulls and narrow stance olympic style help>thanks in advance.[/quote]

knees buckling is a common problem. “spreading the floor” should take care of it. if you are unfamiliar with it- it’s pushing out with your feet as you perform your squat. you pretend like you are trying to spread the floor apart with your feet. doing so transfers the stress to the outside of the quads and to the hips.

meat

I have experienced this before myself. I could be wrong but, I believe it is due to an imbalance in your legs, certain muscles overpowering others. If I were to guess I would say it sounds like your vastus lateralis is overpowering other muscles in your quads.

Make sure to focus on well rounded leg routines which include squats of various stances. Single legged exercises like Bulgarian squats may help as well.

Read this:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/texas_bbq.htm

When I was quad squatting bodybuilder type I had the same problem of knees buckling.
Now that I’ve become a posterior chain squatting powerlifter I [1]squat a lot more weight [2] don’t have any low back problems.
The article above references an imbalance between adductors and abductors. Most of us never train those muscles directly.
It took me a few months to get the sit back, spread the floor, low squat technique down right. While I was adapting I did notice my old tendencies to buckle in. Its a matter of getting the technique down and getting the proper muscles developed

yeah i was going to tell you to read that same article from elitefts.com

I was having the same problem. spread the floor, it will definitely help

Thanks for the help.That’s an awesome article.Just seems like I need to break it down to the basics and practice on proper form.Add in some well balanced leg excersises and I’m good to go.Thanks alot now i’ve got some work to do.