Kneeling Squats

I talked to a buddy(powerlifter) of mine who says hes been doing kneeling squats to work on his glutes and lower back. Has anybody tried this for either max effort or accessory work? Seems like a solid variation but I havent heard much on it.

There was an article on this site that included talk about these awhile back (I think it was about deadlifting?). I gave them a try as accessory work some time ago and remember them being very difficult due to my tight hip flexors and weak glutes (Maybe I should do them more?). I think they could certainly be a solid addition, but it depends on what you need. I don’t think they are intended to be hard on the low back, but that they would be if your glutes are weak and your abs are weak and your hip flexors are tight. Done with good form it should be a glute move primarily.

Correction it was in the Neanderthal No More Series: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/neanderthal_no_more_part_v

All about improving posture and pelvic tilt…

These used to be hugely popular at Westside years ago from what I understand…was on one of their old VHS’s.
You need a piece of foam to put under your knees or they will get fucked from the rocking back and forth.
I did them a long time ago, didn’t work up too heavy but I felt like I could handle a shitload of weight doing these.