Kneehab

is there anything that can be done to strengthen up the knees or is it pretty much youre stuck with however they are?

Be more specific.

You have pain? What are you trying to correct?

Strength the muscles that cross the knee. Quads, hammies and gastrocs.

TKE’s work pretty good for me

a lot of coaches also stress using the prowler or sled for strengthening the knee.

Squats and milk? Seriously, start squatting.

so let me fill you in on some background info

whenever i get severe DOMS in my quads my right knee gives in when i walk on it, i dont know how else to describe other than that.

today was quad day, i did a hellish dropset of hacksquats and later went to do extensions but even with just a 25 pounder on each side my right knee started to tremble as i got near the lockout phase. so i did a few more without locking out until i abandoned the lift because i figured that whatever is was that makes my knee cave in when i walk is probaly what makes it tremble during this lift.

do you guys have any idea on how i could get this treated?

Don’t do leg extensions.

Look at Mike Robertson’s “Bulletproof Knee’s” he’s the go to guy for anything knee related.

It’s a complex thing, starting at your feet and moving up there could be all sorts of reasons for this.

Do you ever do TKEs? EliteFTS have a video on YouTube that shows you how to do them and how to progress.

Do your feet over-pronate really badly?

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
It’s a complex thing, starting at your feet and moving up there could be all sorts of reasons for this.

Do you ever do TKEs? EliteFTS have a video on YouTube that shows you how to do them and how to progress.

Do your feet over-pronate really badly?[/quote]

i think so

cause i get ankle pain from walking and from where the wear on my sneakers are.

A podiatrist would probably recommend orthotics. A physio would probably recommend TKEs then a trip to the podiatrist.

You could try some of those cheap insoles aimed at correcting over-pronation to see if it makes any difference over a few months.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
A podiatrist would probably recommend orthotics. A physio would probably recommend TKEs then a trip to the podiatrist.

You could try some of those cheap insoles aimed at correcting over-pronation to see if it makes any difference over a few months.[/quote]

i just ordered some insoles, hopefully this will not only help with my knee but also with my tight hips, lower back, shin splints and calf tightness as well because coincidentally i found theyre all problems from over pronation and all things that i have.

thanks for the help, i hope it works.

sounds like your a canidate of a lot of foam rolling, relase work and ART if youc an afford it, plus stretching and mobility work ontop

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i just ordered some insoles, hopefully this will not only help with my knee but also with my tight hips, lower back, shin splints and calf tightness as well because coincidentally i found theyre all problems from over pronation and all things that i have.[/quote]

Welcome to the club! I second the foam-rolling suggestion. Also, roll your feet over a tennis ball every now and then to do them a favour.

[quote]CoolColJ wrote:
sounds like your a canidate of a lot of foam rolling, relase work and ART if youc an afford it, plus stretching and mobility work ontop[/quote]

ive tried foam rolling, its kind of awkward to get used to. im not a very technical person i dont like trying to fold things and whatnot, so i probaly do it wrong, i mean im guessing because when i used them i didnt feel anything.

i do want to try ART though

heres a good video showing how to foam roll

foamrolling is boring as shit though…i agree with you on that

learn to do it or forever suffer in pain!

read this Mike Robertson PDF
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj/Temp/Self-Myofascial%20Release,%20Purpose,%20Methods%20and%20Techniques.pdf

It’s like a regular service for a car.

But since we are not shopping trolleys, but high performance cars, we need more regular and indepth servicing otherwise, we go bang!

Look at how highly strung cars like F1 racing cars blow up and they get serviced and rebuilt every race!