Knee Wrapping: Tension In or Our?

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
apwsearch wrote:

I used my wrap roller…

What the hell is a wrap roller? I’ve never heard of that.

Something you use to prestretch knee wraps as you roll them up. Basically you just stretch the wraps out as you roll them so that when you actually wrap your knees the wrap is already stretched out. The advantage to having a wrap roller is that it allows you to get the wraps stretched as much as possible.

Any recommendations of what works well? I just usually stretch/roll them myself, so there’s a lot more potential tightness that I’m giving up.

[/quote]

I’m not sure what you’re asking. Wrap rollers are specialized pieces of equipment that you have to buy. Of course, you can just prestretch and roll your own knee wraps by hand. Obviously though the results won’t be as good. You certainly don’t have to do this with knee wraps though. I don’t think most people prestretch and roll their wraps, whether by hand or with a machine. Unless you’re worried about getting every ounce of support from the wraps just wrap your knees like normal and make sure you’re pulling them damn tight as you go.

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
apwsearch wrote:

I used my wrap roller…

Something you use to prestretch knee wraps as you roll them up. Basically you just stretch the wraps out as you roll them so that when you actually wrap your knees the wrap is already stretched out. The advantage to having a wrap roller is that it allows you to get the wraps stretched as much as possible.

Any recommendations of what works well? I just usually stretch/roll them myself, so there’s a lot more potential tightness that I’m giving up.

I’m not sure what you’re asking. Wrap rollers are specialized pieces of equipment that you have to buy. Of course, you can just prestretch and roll your own knee wraps by hand. Obviously though the results won’t be as good. You certainly don’t have to do this with knee wraps though. I don’t think most people prestretch and roll their wraps, whether by hand or with a machine. Unless you’re worried about getting every ounce of support from the wraps just wrap your knees like normal and make sure you’re pulling them damn tight as you go.[/quote]

I was wondering if it was a specialized piece of equipment. When you said "Something you use to prestretch knee wraps ", I thought you meant it was just a gadget you put together from the hardware store or something.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
apwsearch wrote:

I used my wrap roller…

I’m not sure what you’re asking. Wrap rollers are specialized pieces of equipment that you have to buy. Of course, you can just prestretch and roll your own knee wraps by hand. Obviously though the results won’t be as good. You certainly don’t have to do this with knee wraps though. I don’t think most people prestretch and roll their wraps, whether by hand or with a machine. Unless you’re worried about getting every ounce of support from the wraps just wrap your knees like normal and make sure you’re pulling them damn tight as you go.

I was wondering if it was a specialized piece of equipment. When you said "Something you use to prestretch knee wraps ", I thought you meant it was just a gadget you put together from the hardware store or something.

[/quote]

If you look at some rollers I’m sure you could make your own from stuff you put together from a hardware store.

http://plgearonline.com/wraproller.html

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:

If you look at some rollers I’m sure you could make your own from stuff you put together from a hardware store. [/quote]

I’ve never seen a good wrap roller that didn’t require some welding and or machining.

Trust me. Get one and start using it. You’ll realize you were just wearing knee ornaments.