Knee Trouble at Higher Bodyweights

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
How old are you?

Could it be heavy squatting that does it? I recently stopped squatting due to the pain it caused in my knees.

How do you normally squat?

Narrow stance with knees out in front?

As for the OP:

Check your shoes… Get special inlays or so and try different kinds of shoes to see which don’t cause you knee issues… Shoes play a big role (both in squatting heavy and in daily life) when you’re a big guy…

May not be the issue, of course, but it’s worth checking out.

So using the new Nike Shox OMEGA4000s squatting is no bueno right CC? I’ve never had problems squatting and I was 270lbs of solid man cow back when I was a youngster. My only joint problems as of late is my bad elbow (that is one moody bastard) and my wrists. Gotta quit spanking it, I know but its so hard in both ways. [/quote]

What’s with your elbow anyway… Is it the tendon just above the elbow at the back of the arm?

And your wrists… Yeah well, I need wrist-wraps on stuff like wide-reverse-grip smith benches and most presses in general and straight bar curls murder my wrists no matter what I do, even with light weight…
When do yours give you trouble?

(I don’t have any actual wrist injuries or tendonitis though)

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
What’s with your elbow anyway… Is it the tendon just above the elbow at the back of the arm?

And your wrists… Yeah well, I need wrist-wraps on stuff like wide-reverse-grip smith benches and most presses in general and straight bar curls murder my wrists no matter what I do, even with light weight…
When do yours give you trouble?

(I don’t have any actual wrist injuries or tendonitis though)[/quote]

It just seems to flare up at random. (my elbow) It all started back when I used to do skull crushers really. It originates from the joint more than anything. I haven’t had it flare up yet so I could be wrong as where exactly it comes from. My wrists kill me post pressing movements. I was using straps like all the cool kids now.

Regrettably, getting heavier (and older ) has prevented me from running anymore because of knee pain. But only if I run, for distance that is. I have no problem with squats though and I’m a lot older than you.

I agree with the shoes deal. Good shoes make a huge difference