Knee Sleeves

I hurt my knee at work last week and just squated for the first time since. My knee was bothering me a little bit and was looking for peoples insight on some good supportive sleeves. (something a little more supportive than the cheap sleeves you can get at walmart) I have been looking at some APT’s and elitefts has some but just looking for some info.
Thanks

I own a pair of Rehbands. I don’t regret the purchase in the slightest.

Tommy Konos’ are good

I love my Rehbands (5mm) but if you’re looking for more support Tommy Kono’s or elitefts might be better options. There are some 7 mm “strongman” rehbands with straps too.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
Tommy Konos’ are good[/quote]

This. Bought them a few weeks back. And they’re $40/pair.

I have a pair of elites heavy duty ones…almost like wrapping the knees. They are tight, which makes them a little hard to get off. I like them alot thou.

[quote]tajacks2 wrote:
I hurt my knee at work last week and just squated for the first time since. My knee was bothering me a little bit and was looking for peoples insight on some good supportive sleeves. (something a little more supportive than the cheap sleeves you can get at walmart) I have been looking at some APT’s and elitefts has some but just looking for some info.
Thanks[/quote]

I’ve tried the Kono’s, Rehbands, EFS sleeves and good ol Inzer wraps.

The Kono’s and Rehbands are made of wet suit material so they do an excellent job of keeping the knees warm. Throw on some blue heat and the sleeves and you’ll be gtg on any training day in the cold. Pretty much ZERO support with these…

The EFS knee sleeves IMO are ok… they needed to be constantly adjusted and were kind of a pain in the ass to be honest. Some support but IDK that they are worth the cost to be honest.

I’d just get some knee wraps. You can get little to a lot of support depending on how tight you wrap them & HOW you wrap them. See, what makes the wraps actually give support is the material that is behind the knee, wraps allow multiple layers back there so you get support. Sleeves only have 1 layer so not much going on.

Another thing to consider if you squat wide, you effectively lessen the effectiveness of a wrap the wider you stand. I don’t even wear them because of that.

Lastly, there’s the old addage of Train like you compete, compete like you trained… meaning you’ll get used to one method and then if you swuitch it up last min you may be unpleasantly surprised with the results. It’s kind of freaky to squat when your feet are numb from tight wraps.

I’ve had the same pair of Rehbands for years. I love them. They are awesome knee cozies. They don’t give support but just really keep the joint warm. I very rarely squat without them… even when I should be squatting with wraps. I purely hate them.

[quote]greystoke wrote:
I have a pair of elites heavy duty ones…almost like wrapping the knees. They are tight, which makes them a little hard to get off. I like them alot thou.[/quote]

I’ve worn those and the cheapies from your average sporting goods store. The EFS sleeves are extremely tight, and I had to pull them down between sets. The cheapies are actually the better bet for minor knee issues like tendinitis, IMO. They keep you warm and prevent pain, but they don’t mask the problem. Plus I can keep those on for an entire training session.

I’m very happy with my Tommy Kono bands from APT.

I have the Inzer sleeves. Other than some of the stitching on the Velcro straps, I’ve been happy with them. They give a lot of support (not as much as wraps though).

I have always wanted the blue Rehbands. I own the EFS heavies and the new Titan 7mm. The EFS ones need a lot of adjusting. The Titan ones do not. Neither give much carryover. The Titan ones are comfortable enough to wear all day, thick and warm. My partners all have TK’s, just about the same material as the Titans, somewhat thinner, 20 bucks cheaper, and a rubber material against your skin.

Thanks guys, I think I am going to go with the tk’s over the rehbands. People seem to be pretty satisfied with both, tk’s are just a little cheaper.

I have a somewhat loose pair of EFS heavy knee sleeves. They are cloth so they don’t stick like other sleeves tend to. They keep my knees pretty warm too. If you order them tight, especially if you get the super heavy, I wouldn’t be surprised if they added lbs to your squat.

I have the Tommy Konos, and I am very happy with them but they are a bitch to get on and off.

I own a pair of rehbands and i’m very happy with them. I read great reviews of the TKs too, you won’t be wront with any of those.