Knee Sleeves? Rehband or Inzer?

I’d like to get a good pair of knee slevees for lower body training. I don’t want to put on wraps for every set, and I have narrowed it down to the new Inzer ones, or Rehband’s. Cost is about the same, the Inzer ones look like they could give more support, but Rehband’s seem to be very popular. Has anyone got any experience or recomendations?

Just to clarify, I’m not looking to for these to add 50lbs to my squat, just something for some added safety and support. Thanks.

Monopoly

i’m no expert, and i have not seen the inzer one’s but the guys i know who train strongman only use the rehbands when doing 85% max and up lifts because of thier thickness, when training below this range they usually wear your basic mcdavid(sports authority) neoprenes to keep the area warm…my 2cents

another option is tommy kono.

I bought Tommy Kono about a month ago. I would recommend them without reservation.

[quote]dvldog wrote:
I bought Tommy Kono about a month ago. I would recommend them without reservation. [/quote]

where did you order them from? I’ve tried a couple of places, but they’re both sold out.

I just got some rehbands and I think they are outstanding. I got them from Jackals Gym.

Haven’t tried the Inzers but I swear by the Rehbands. A couple of guys that I work out with got them on my recommendation and they also love them.

-J

Rehbands have been good to me.

i got the red/black stripped ones from elitefts.com and they are awesome. The form along the contour of the knee. much better then regular neoprene ones. laters pk

[quote]pkradgreek wrote:
i got the red/black stripped ones from elitefts.com and they are awesome. The form along the contour of the knee. much better then regular neoprene ones. laters pk[/quote]

I’m assuming you’re talking about knee wraps, which are a lot different than sleeves.

Wraps are generally put on so tight that they improve your poundages in lifts. They cannot be worn for any duration of time. Sleeves, however, put almost nothing on your lifts and are there merely to keep the area warm, and add a little protection for people with bad knees. These can be worn for hours, though they will cause excessive sweating.

I wear my rehbands all the time for training. All they do is keep the knee warm and helps alleviate pain in my knees. there isn’t a weight point in which I put them on, it is just part of my training gear, ie I put them on when I train.

I got mine from Gillingham’s online shop.

Regards,

Sensless

For you guys that use the Rehbands, did you get the thick (7mm) sleeves, or the thin (3mm) sleeves? It seems that the thin ones would be better for just keeping the knee warm, without giving it too much extra support.

[quote]achilles2095 wrote:
dvldog wrote:
I bought Tommy Kono about a month ago. I would recommend them without reservation.

where did you order them from? I’ve tried a couple of places, but they’re both sold out.[/quote]

This is where I got them from:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/store

I love my Rehbands. I have the 7mm I’m not sure they still make the 3mm.

[quote]magnetnerd wrote:
pkradgreek wrote:
i got the red/black stripped ones from elitefts.com and they are awesome. The form along the contour of the knee. much better then regular neoprene ones. laters pk

I’m assuming you’re talking about knee wraps, which are a lot different than sleeves.

Wraps are generally put on so tight that they improve your poundages in lifts. They cannot be worn for any duration of time. Sleeves, however, put almost nothing on your lifts and are there merely to keep the area warm, and add a little protection for people with bad knees. These can be worn for hours, though they will cause excessive sweating.[/quote]

no these are knee sleeves i roll up my leg. they are not supertight and mobility is excellent. I wear them from the time i get dressed for the gym until i go home to shower and i have no issues. I got them according to the size chart. If i wanted to use wraps to get a super tight fit i would have easily bought them. I don’t want the hassle of putting stuff on and off and i don’t compete. laters pk

[quote]Uncle Fester wrote:
For you guys that use the Rehbands, did you get the thick (7mm) sleeves, or the thin (3mm) sleeves? It seems that the thin ones would be better for just keeping the knee warm, without giving it too much extra support.[/quote]

I use the 7mm. Extra warmth, plus I can’t imagine having too much support.

Rehbands are good for like an extra 5 pounds on your squat, and this is an extreme estimate. They just keep your knees warm and provide some mental support.

Thanks for all the good input. I am leaning at the inzers b/c it appears they can be tightend down with straps on the outside if more support is desired. If you have not seen them, google it.

That said, Rehbands are the people’s choice so I’m undecided. They are both about $60 per knee, so I’d hate to blow 120 bucks and then have to buy another set.

Monopoly

www.jackalsgym.com/aspx/str_rehband.aspx

$30/knee

[quote]dvldog wrote:
achilles2095 wrote:
dvldog wrote:

where did you order them from? I’ve tried a couple of places, but they’re both sold out.

This is where I got them from:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/store

[/quote]

Thanks! Just ordered some.