Knee Pain

I had been doing lots of squats, split leg squats and DL’s. About 2 months ago I noticed that my knees were in constant pain, right above the kneecap. It doesn’t hurt to stand, walk or run, but when I squat down to pick something up off the floor, I have a sensation of DOMS in that one area on both knees.

I haven’t done any leg work for about 2 months and my knees still hurt. I’ve had tendonitis in my ankles and one elbow before, but this is a different kind of pain. Very dull, not sharp. DOMS is about the best I can describe it. Any ideas?

I’d get it checked out if you rested for two months and it still hurts.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
I had been doing lots of squats, split leg squats and DL’s. About 2 months ago I noticed that my knees were in constant pain, right above the kneecap. It doesn’t hurt to stand, walk or run, but when I squat down to pick something up off the floor, I have a sensation of DOMS in that one area on both knees.

I haven’t done any leg work for about 2 months and my knees still hurt. I’ve had tendonitis in my ankles and one elbow before, but this is a different kind of pain. Very dull, not sharp. DOMS is about the best I can describe it. Any ideas? [/quote]

Yeah, definitely get it checked out, before it gets worse. Hopefully it is nothing bad, and hopefully you won’t need surgery.

Dull pain is harder to account for than severe pain. Might need as much as an MRI to know whats going on.

[quote]PGJ wrote:

I haven’t done any leg work for about 2 months and my knees still hurt. I’ve had tendonitis in my ankles and one elbow before, but this is a different kind of pain. Very dull, not sharp. DOMS is about the best I can describe it. Any ideas? [/quote]

Most doctors would prescribe anti-inflammatories and rest for 6 weeks before prescribing an MRI. Sounds like you’ve already tried the ‘rest’ route. It’s time to have them looked at.