Knee/Elbow Sleeves

Due to some chronic knee pain and moderate elbow pain, I purchased some decent (not the best) knee and elbow sleeves, but I’m not sure the elbow sleeves fit properly. Per my elbow measurements, I should be wearing a large, but they almost feel like they are cutting off circulation, which I thought might not be a good thing since blood flow is important for strength and hypertrophy.

The XL’s are slightly looser, but just as warm. My partner says that they should be as absolutely tight as possible. That’s fine with me, but I was wondering how others size their sleeves. Should they be just for warmth, in which case snug is fine, or should they be as tight as possible?

Also, does glucosamine/chondroitin really help knee problems? I’ve read mixed results about it’s effectiveness on here, so I thought I’d ask again?

I’d appreciate any advice.

I like mine pretty tight. I have some cheapo ones too. But, they seem to work pretty good.

mine are pretty tight. But as long as your elbows DO NOT HURT tehn I’d say any size is fine. I mean that’s what youre going for, alleviation of the pain

when i first used them i assumed they needed to be tight so i went for the small fit but i couldn’t stand the restricted movement. the ones i have now are on the large side and i gather them in so there’s a sort of pleat right on the joint.

this works well and gives the joint plenty of room to move. these are the $15 type from dick’s. people tell me the rehbands fit really well without being restrictive but i haven’t tried them yet.

Use Biotest’s Flameout instead of Gluc. & Chon

[quote]j_rogers wrote:
Due to some chronic knee pain and moderate elbow pain, I purchased some decent (not the best) knee and elbow sleeves, but I’m not sure the elbow sleeves fit properly. Per my elbow measurements, I should be wearing a large, but they almost feel like they are cutting off circulation, which I thought might not be a good thing since blood flow is important for strength and hypertrophy.

The XL’s are slightly looser, but just as warm. My partner says that they should be as absolutely tight as possible. That’s fine with me, but I was wondering how others size their sleeves. Should they be just for warmth, in which case snug is fine, or should they be as tight as possible?

Also, does glucosamine/chondroitin really help knee problems? I’ve read mixed results about it’s effectiveness on here, so I thought I’d ask again?

I’d appreciate any advice.[/quote]

stay with the tight ones, they’ll loosen up.

Thanks for the info. I think I’ll go with the tight ones.

As far as knee sleeves, are open pattela knee sleeves more effective than closed patella?