Knee and Wrist wraps

Yes I have read through several of the many threads that are reviewing these but I still am kind of on the fence about which ones to get. I just want a very basic set of each, nothing overly constrictive or uncomfortable as I am still just getting a feel for the powerlifts again and haven’t gotten my strength back up to even respectable levels.

Looking heavily at the Elitefts normal knee and wrist wraps or the Titan Red devils or the Inzer Power Surge Redlines. Anyone have a comment about any of these or another wrap that I am missing.

Edit: Also if you think a knee sleeve would be a better idea for me at this point then feel free to share that or a recommendation as well.

I personally love my Inzer Iron Wraps Z (have the knee and wrist wraps) The main thing I love is that you can either wrap them loose just for a little support or when you’re ready you can really crank them down to get some weight out of them and they’re fairly comfortable

[quote]tylerkeen42 wrote:
I personally love my Inzer Iron Wraps Z (have the knee and wrist wraps) The main thing I love is that you can either wrap them loose just for a little support or when you’re ready you can really crank them down to get some weight out of them and they’re fairly comfortable[/quote]

I was actually looking at these also, along with the Titan Max RPMs and Titaniums. I guess just picking one and learning how to use it properly is going to be the best way to go.

I have the titan max rpm wrist wraps. I like them. I’ve had the efs heavy wrist wraps too. Also good but much stiffer. I like the rpm more.

I don’t have knee wraps because I compete raw in usapl. If I were to choose a good wrap to start with I’d use the max rpm. They’re similar to the inzer z wraps from what I’ve seen. You can wrap them loose or tight and they’d be effective.

In my gym the inzer z and titan rpm are fairly popular. The new titan signature gold wraps are getting popular too. They’re a much stiffer wrap and not a “beginner” wrap. If you like an aggressive they’re worth a shot.

I have a set of Elite EFS Enforcers and EFS Normal wrist wraps. I prefer the Enforcers personally, just because they’re slightly stiffer without being anywhere near ridiculous.

I have a set of knee wraps and have never used them. I do however wear knee sleeves everyday I do any type of leg training.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
I have a set of Elite EFS Enforcers and EFS Normal wrist wraps. I prefer the Enforcers personally, just because they’re slightly stiffer without being anywhere near ridiculous.

I have a set of knee wraps and have never used them. I do however wear knee sleeves everyday I do any type of leg training. [/quote]

What kind of knee sleeves do you use?

Of all the knee wraps I have used my personal favorites have been the Inzer True Blacks. As for wrist wraps I honestly haven’t found a pair I’ve fallen in love with yet.

Titan THP wrist wraps are fantastic. They are pretty easy to get seriously tight and supportive. Didn’t have luck with the THP knee wraps though. Elite heavy wrist wraps are a good general purpose wrist wrap.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
I just want a very basic set of each, nothing overly constrictive or uncomfortable as I am still just getting a feel for the powerlifts again and haven’t gotten my strength back up to even respectable levels.[/quote]

In my experience wraps / sleeves are kind of like condoms. What I like may or may not be what you like but they all do pretty much the same thing. I say just buy a reputible brand and try them. It’s easy to get sucked up into the idea of "X model is better than “XX” model. Since you don’t use them now, you prolly don’t know what you prefer so just pull the trigger on a set and roll with them.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
I just want a very basic set of each, nothing overly constrictive or uncomfortable as I am still just getting a feel for the powerlifts again and haven’t gotten my strength back up to even respectable levels.[/quote]

In my experience wraps / sleeves are kind of like condoms. What I like may or may not be what you like but they all do pretty much the same thing. I say just buy a reputible brand and try them. It’s easy to get sucked up into the idea of "X model is better than “XX” model. Since you don’t use them now, you prolly don’t know what you prefer so just pull the trigger on a set and roll with them. [/quote]

Yeah, you are probably right. Did not really know if this was one of those things that you could get a wrap that outclassed you or not. But yall have given me some great ideas, probably end up shopping for the best deal on one mentioned above and going with it.

Quick question, is there any advantage or disadvantage to a 2.5m wrap over a 2.0m wrap for training, other than certain fed regs?

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Quick question, is there any advantage or disadvantage to a 2.5m wrap over a 2.0m wrap for training, other than certain fed regs?[/quote]

I always wrap my own knees, so the extra wrap helps when its time to crank it down.

I have had the same pair of Inzer Z wraps for a while. They were the first wrap I bought, my squat has gone up about 150lbs and I still like them. Just my opinion though

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Quick question, is there any advantage or disadvantage to a 2.5m wrap over a 2.0m wrap for training, other than certain fed regs?[/quote]
You may as well go 2.5. To my knowledge only certain single-ply divisions limit you to 2m, but all the raw divisions I’ve seen allow up to 2.5 so there’s no real reason to not get 2.5’s.

All that being said when I bought mine I didn’t really know shit, and I just got 2m wraps. I haven’t bothered buying new ones. At my level that extra .5m of wrap is the least of my concerns lol. And besides, back in the old days they all used some shitty 2m wraps anyhow. If it’s good enough for Kirk Karwoski it’s good enough for me :wink:

That extra .5m is nice for tying your wrap off as opposed to cinching it (slipping the end under the previous turn). Really easy to get out of a tied wrap because you just pull on it and it pops off.

Thanks all, just ordered the red normal knee wraps and the heavy wrist wraps from elite and they were out of stock on the 2.0 (which I ordered for no reason in particular) and it got me to wondering if there were any pro’s or cons. Went with a softer knee wrap to try and get a feel for them for a little while to see what I like or dislike and go from there. Plus my squat sucks so it shouldn’t matter very much anyway.

Also, elitefts is having a 50% sale on straps and wraps till 1 today. Along with 40% on bands and some other stuff.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
You may as well go 2.5. To my knowledge only certain single-ply divisions limit you to 2m, but all the raw divisions I’ve seen allow up to 2.5 so there’s no real reason to not get 2.5’s.

All that being said when I bought mine I didn’t really know shit, and I just got 2m wraps. I haven’t bothered buying new ones. At my level that extra .5m of wrap is the least of my concerns lol. And besides, back in the old days they all used some shitty 2m wraps anyhow. If it’s good enough for Kirk Karwoski it’s good enough for me ;)[/quote]

Let me wrap you lol I’ll show you what the extra .5m can do for you.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Thanks all, just ordered the red normal knee wraps and the heavy wrist wraps from elite and they were out of stock on the 2.0 (which I ordered for no reason in particular) and it got me to wondering if there were any pro’s or cons. Went with a softer knee wrap to try and get a feel for them for a little while to see what I like or dislike and go from there. Plus my squat sucks so it shouldn’t matter very much anyway.

Also, elitefts is having a 50% sale on straps and wraps till 1 today. Along with 40% on bands and some other stuff.[/quote]

Whoa, sweet, thanks for the heads up.