T Nation

Knee and Shoulder MRI

Hi guys.I’ve done mri for shoulder and knee cause i had some pains.At the knee i have a small amount of fluid.At the shoulder i have a small internal degeneration of the supraspinatus tendon.When i asked what was this they told me first degree tendonitis.

Now both shoulder and knee doesn’t heart and i’m off trainning for about 2 weeks sinse the pain.Can you recommend what can i do to get through this?I was told that i could continue working legs and then put on ice.It won’t harm me.

And for the shoulder i was told not to do anything but i have these pains for about 5 years.I feel sometimes in the gym when i work the shoulders that they are on fire.

Can i do larger exercises and not isolating the shoulders?Can i continue boxiing?I found on the net 7min to rotator cuff it will help?

Thanks in advance for your time and answers

[quote]samelo wrote:
Hi guys.I’ve done mri for shoulder and knee cause i had some pains.At the knee i have a small amount of fluid.At the shoulder i have a small internal degeneration of the supraspinatus tendon.When i asked what was this they told me first degree tendonitis.

Now both shoulder and knee doesn’t heart and i’m off trainning for about 2 weeks sinse the pain.Can you recommend what can i do to get through this?I was told that i could continue working legs and then put on ice.It won’t harm me.

And for the shoulder i was told not to do anything but i have these pains for about 5 years.I feel sometimes in the gym when i work the shoulders that they are on fire.

Can i do larger exercises and not isolating the shoulders?Can i continue boxiing?I found on the net 7min to rotator cuff it will help?

Thanks in advance for your time and answers[/quote]

In my experience I found that resting does fuck all for recovery after a few weeks. Work on ROM at both joints, make sure your scapulae is functioning cirrectly. Massage and stretch glutes, lats, pecs, traps, ITB, quads. Find exercises that dont hurt and work with them.

Back off it things get sore.

They didn’t recommend surgery for the shoulder?

Degenerating shoulder tendonitis is nothing to play with. Continue doing sports and it will start to fall out regularly.

If there is no surgery for it or the knee, the first thing I would recommend is a chiropractor to make sure all joints are in place and properly aligned. Then don’t do anything but ice/heat therapy on both for 2 weeks. Try to keep them limited in ROM, maybe in a harness. Then come up with a year long plan to rebuild the strength and ROM before returning to sports.

Or if you can’t stop like I couldn’t for a few years just pop NSAIDS and ice it every night. This is not the best way to do things but sometimes when your addicted to moving nothing else you can do.

Thanks Andrew,what are rom exercises?

Airtruth you are scaring the shit out of me.I don’t thing degeneration in my diagnosis is something constant.The doctor told me its from overuse and that i have the smallest degree possible of tendonitis.Surgery is for severe cases he tolds me.He also told for the knee to continue execsice legs and put ice after.