Kitty Litter in Protein Shakes?

For various reasons (which I deserve lol), my roomate put kitty litter in my tub of protein…not a whole lot…but some. He says it wasnt taken out of the cat box so im wondering if it is salvageable? If I find some way to strain it? I dont wanna get sick but I also dont wanna waste $25!

Whats your address, I will send you some protein. Just, please, dont do it!

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
For various reasons (which I deserve lol), my roomate put kitty litter in my tub of protein…not a whole lot…but some. He says it wasnt taken out of the cat box so im wondering if it is salvageable? If I find some way to strain it? I dont wanna get sick but I also dont wanna waste $25![/quote]

Throw it out! If you ingest it, you could end up in the hospital, espcially if it is the clumping kind.

What did you do to deserve this?

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
For various reasons (which I deserve lol), my roomate put kitty litter in my tub of protein…not a whole lot…but some. He says it wasnt taken out of the cat box so im wondering if it is salvageable? If I find some way to strain it? I dont wanna get sick but I also dont wanna waste $25![/quote]

From what I have read, it depends on what kind of kitty litter he put in it, but if you managed to remove most of it then the worst that should happen is mild stomach upset or slight intestinal obstruction.

If it was a clay clumping kitty litter, then you might not want to take the chance. Not to mention it could taste pretty nasty- Maybe make him pay for a new tub. I hope this helps, good luck.

Steal money from your roomate, or beat it out of him, and go buy some more protein.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
Whats your address, I will send you some protein. Just, please, dont do it![/quote]

Sweet, I need some protein too…
Sincerely,

Michael
1 Neverland Ranch
California

PS. Can I pay extra for you to deliver in person? Also, do you have any Osh-Kosh-Begosh overalls?

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
He says it wasnt taken out of the cat box…[/quote]

Okay, and you believe this?

Just drink it. There’s probably more trace amounts of arsenic, rat feces, insect eggs, etc in the mix than there will be cat litter. What do you think happens in that factory every night when they shut off the lights? Besides, people eat worse things everyday all around the world.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Just drink it. There’s probably more trace amounts of arsenic, rat feces, insect eggs, etc in the mix than there will be cat litter. What do you think happens in that factory every night when they shut off the lights? Besides, people eat worse things everyday all around the world.

DB[/quote]

Agreed, just remember to add extra water or else it won’t have the right consistency.

[quote]vroom wrote:
AceDeuce wrote:
He says it wasnt taken out of the cat box…

Okay, and you believe this?

[/quote]

WHy wouldnt he trust him? Its not like he put cat food in his container or anything. Thats something only a sick person would do…

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:

You seem young. You should drink it. It will make you very sick. That will teach you that you can’t put a price tag on your health.

The idea that anyone would risk his health for $25 is shocking to me.

lol…its the non-clumping kind. It basically looks like little tiny pebbles that are scattered sparsely throughout the tub. There’s really not much at all, thats why I was wondering if it would be ok to drink if I was able to sift it through a strainer or something to remove all the pebbles. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. I promise to not drink it if your willing to send me some more protein, evansmi :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:

You need to kick his ass. Protein is sacred.

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
lol…its the non-clumping kind. It basically looks like little tiny pebbles that are scattered sparsely throughout the tub. There’s really not much at all, thats why I was wondering if it would be ok to drink if I was able to sift it through a strainer or something to remove all the pebbles. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. I promise to not drink it if your willing to send me some more protein, evansmi :P[/quote]

I still wanna know what you did.

If you deserved it I’m going to tell you to drink it.

I dunno if I deserved it…but I did hit him first. Me and another roomate had some cigars to smoke and we thought it would be funny to go smoke in his room and block off any exit for the smoke (crack under door included) so basically when he came home and opened his room he was hit in the face by a big-ass cloud of smoke lol. I expected him to get me back somehow and a logical thing was to do something to my protein as im the only one in the apartment who drinks the stuff…glad I checked!

I work in a pet store (one of the worst decisions of my life) and have heard many stories of some of the different types of cat litter causing cancerous tumors in cats that use the litter. So it’s probably a good idea to just toss the protien.

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
I dunno if I deserved it…but I did hit him first. Me and another roomate had some cigars to smoke and we thought it would be funny to go smoke in his room and block off any exit for the smoke (crack under door included) so basically when he came home and opened his room he was hit in the face by a big-ass cloud of smoke lol. I expected him to get me back somehow and a logical thing was to do something to my protein as im the only one in the apartment who drinks the stuff…glad I checked![/quote]

You made his room smokey, and you think putting cat litter in your protein is an equal payback for that?!

I’d find $25 bucks of his to buy more, or take out $25 worth of his stuff. Smoke clears out of a room relatively quickly, and didn’t cost him any money (or more importantly, food).

Pebbles just don’t sound good to eat. If you are going to drink the stuff, at least sift it through a strainer or something. If the cat litter is the cheap rocky kind, it seems sifting and drinking would be viable option, whereas if it is the scented rocky/powery kind sifting may not be a good option.

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:
I dunno if I deserved it…but I did hit him first. Me and another roomate had some cigars to smoke and we thought it would be funny to go smoke in his room and block off any exit for the smoke (crack under door included) so basically when he came home and opened his room he was hit in the face by a big-ass cloud of smoke lol. I expected him to get me back somehow and a logical thing was to do something to my protein as im the only one in the apartment who drinks the stuff…glad I checked![/quote]

Well, at least you know you wont set off the smoke detectors in your room next time you feel like smoking and dont want to go outside.

[quote]AceDeuce wrote:

Were these cigars filled with stanky buddha?