Kirill Sarychev Highest Raw Total Ever?

At his peak and with a bit of specific targeted training Hall probably would’ve done better than Hafthor especially in terms of benching but that doesn’t really matter now that Hall doesn’t seem to be willing to turn into a fat unhealthy cunt for our entertainment anymore. Would’ve been quite a match up tho.

3 Likes

I wish, if that was true then I would be squatting 600+ by now. It depends on a number of things, the biggest difference between max squat with and without wraps that I have heard of is Eric Lilliebridge who squatted just over 100 less without wraps. Part of that could be due to the fact that he didn’t squat heavy without wraps for some time. Watch what Dennis Cornelius does at the US Open this year, he squatted 909 without wraps at his last meet. Personally, I think I might get like 30-40lbs out of them but I could probably get more with better technique.

If Hafthor actually stopped all strongman training for 6 months and focused exclusively on PL I’m pretty sure he would squat and bench a lot more than he has so far. The thing is that there isn’t much of an incentive for him to do so because there is more money in strongman and at least as much recognition.

Thor has been working with this Australian Powerlifting coach guy for a while to up his power lifts.

This is all while still focusing on strong man so like I wanna see what he can do going full powerlifter

1 Like

agreed

Sarychev rocking up to support his comrade Yury Belkin at BOBV and run a seminar at Boss Barbell.

240kg / 529 lbs x 6 spotted by The Boss himself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm5g8_2h8D_/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12ditj0k6jhdx