KingBeef: How did you get so BEEFY?

Dude, you totally forgot to mention the SC2. That shit definitely aids recovery!

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
KB: Are you using MAG-10 or some other casein hydro? Also, you don’t have carbs around training? And each pulse is 1 scoop?

BTW, you’re looking beefed up from the teeth up! Good work, time to find a nice woman on the beach, settle down and have a couple kids! But seriously, you’re gonna mop up this summer, looked ripped up from the tips up![/quote]

2 scoops of a different product.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
Did I read somewhere that you’re a personal trainer in a gym? What kinds of people make up your clients?[/quote]

I don’t train in a gym anymore because they started taking a larger chunk of the packages we sold from us. But when I was there I trained pretty much every type of client, from the young skinny kid wanting to beef up for sports or just get bigger to the middle aged housewife wanting to lose weight, to the elderly that just want to stay healthy.

I’d say the bulk of my clientele though was made up of women in their 30’s that wanted to “tone up” and get in my pants, LOL. Now I do in home training and still train mostly women in their 30’s/40’s and some younger ones who’s rich parents pay for their sessions.

[quote]markdp wrote:
Dude, you totally forgot to mention the SC2. That shit definitely aids recovery![/quote]

Lol, it does. But only if you’re a master at it. Otherwise your cortisol levels will become too elevated from raging when you lose and cause catabolism.

[quote]kingbeef323 wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Do you do seated or standing french press? [/quote]

Seated. Can use more weight. On those I do a slow negative, pause for a second when bicep touches forearm and I can’t lower the bar anymore, then explode up.[/quote]

Do you do them with 1 DB, or an EZ bar?

I find overhead extensions seated or standing with an EZ bar to be absurdly uncomfortable… And you have such long-ass forearms to boot…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

Seated. Can use more weight. On those I do a slow negative, pause for a second when bicep touches forearm and I can’t lower the bar anymore, then explode up.[/quote]

I find overhead extensions seated or standing with an EZ bar to be absurdly uncomfortable… And you have such long-ass forearms to boot…

[/quote]

I do these ONLY with the bigger longer 31ish lb ez bar with my hands on the inside grip. If I do them with the smaller “normal” sized ez bars it is extremely uncomfortable for me too. The bigger ez bar allows for wider hand placement on the inside grip making the exercise much more tolerable and hence effective, IMO. Much less stress on the elbows as well. Also I think for that exercise my long arms are good but I can’t quite explain why. My workout partners with shorter arms just look weird doing it for some reason, lol. If you’ve been using the small 12ish lb ez bar, that might be your problem.

How many of your clients have you laid?

Are you also a male gigolo?

But a serious question, how strict are you with your diet?

For your week off, do you do any sort of deload/gym activity/cardio or do you completely stay away from the gym?

Also, do you eat more or less cals on your week off?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
How many of your clients have you laid?

Are you also a male gigolo?

But a serious question, how strict are you with your diet?[/quote]

I’m strict in the sense that I ALWAYS make sure to eat at least 300g of protein a day no matter what. Other than that, if I want something “bad” (sweets, high calorie restaurant dishes), I eat it (rarely happens though). I’d say roughly 80% of the time, I eat “clean”.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
For your week off, do you do any sort of deload/gym activity/cardio or do you completely stay away from the gym?

Also, do you eat more or less cals on your week off?[/quote]

No gym activity on week off. I haven’t payed too much attention to cals on my week off, to be honest. I just make sure to keep my protein intake high. Other than that, I eat whatever I want. One day I might eat 2500 cals, another day 4000 cals. I think the main key is keeping protein high.

Cool.

Keep up the good work

What are some of your lifts:

DB Incline
BB row
Dead
Curl
Close grip bench (if you do it)
Military

Thanks Brah, you’re my goal physique in a couple of years.

Great posts kingbeef. Funny you mentioned Max-OT, I was just thinking I wanted to give that a try.

I also take super cissus, which is the BEST thing I’ve ever done for my joints, they never bother me now.[/quote]
Could you elaborate on this a bit perhaps? Sounds too good to be true after googling it!

Sick work btw, keep killing it!

Difference between super cissus and “regular” ? Any difference at all?

Do you do any cardio at all? Soft tissue work?

How tall?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

[/quote]

I do these ONLY with the bigger longer 31ish lb ez bar with my hands on the inside grip. If I do them with the smaller “normal” sized ez bars it is extremely uncomfortable for me too. The bigger ez bar allows for wider hand placement on the inside grip making the exercise much more tolerable and hence effective, IMO. Much less stress on the elbows as well. Also I think for that exercise my long arms are good but I can’t quite explain why. My workout partners with shorter arms just look weird doing it for some reason, lol. If you’ve been using the small 12ish lb ez bar, that might be your problem.[/quote]

One of the biggest mo fos on here and still picking up tips, how is anyone going to catch up to you if you keep improving? lol

[quote]nik133 wrote:
What are some of your lifts:

DB Incline
BB row
Dead
Curl
Close grip bench (if you do it)
Military

Thanks Brah, you’re my goal physique in a couple of years.[/quote]

I don’t talk about my lifts >_<

[quote]doubleh wrote:
Great posts kingbeef. Funny you mentioned Max-OT, I was just thinking I wanted to give that a try. [/quote]

Do it! Such a good way to train. Supercissus > joint problems.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:

I also take super cissus, which is the BEST thing I’ve ever done for my joints, they never bother me now.[/quote]
Could you elaborate on this a bit perhaps? Sounds too good to be true after googling it!

Sick work btw, keep killing it![/quote]

Before super cissus: Pain in elbow tendon preventing heavy bicep work as well as pain in knees making quad work suck as well as knees aching for a few days after.
After super cissus: All joint pain greatly reduced or gone. Extremely happy about this because I’ve been able to start going super hard and heavy on quads without discomfort, which have always been a weak point for me because of that pain (and not training them properly for like my first 4 years of lifting).

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Difference between super cissus and “regular” ? Any difference at all?

Do you do any cardio at all? Soft tissue work?

How tall?[/quote]

After being recommended to take cissus by another member I started doing research on it and looking at reviews of various products. It seemed that a lot of people tried regular generic brands of cissus to no real avail but people were raving about this SuperCissusRx so I decided to give it a try and it worked as promised. So basically it seems that atm there is no point in using any other cissus product.

What’s cardio? Yes, I foamroll and get a deep tissue massage every 2-4 weeks.

(I might actually start experimenting with cardio soon max ot style)

I never thought I could have so much energy in the gym without eating anything prior to lifting much less hit pr’s on almost every single exercise, every single week. I’m slowly getting leaner while maintaining my bodyweight. Now that I really think about it, I think I’ve actually gained weight because my morning empty stomach weight is about the same as I weighed at my full stomach weight before.
[/quote]

exact same thing happened to me. im setting more PRs working out on an empty stomach then i did doing the 6 meals per day, huge meal 1 hour pre workout thing. same thing about maintaining bodyweight but getting leaner too.

Beef I gotta say man very inspirational. Have you ever trained like an athlete, going heavy and keeping reps low while lifting explosively? I can see you’ve fully eliminated deadlifts and back/front squats from your routine. Is that because because of injury worries or just because you don’t really see any good gains while going heavy on those compound movements (i.e see better results when you do more isolated exercises like leg curls and hack squats)?

One of the things that’s annoying me is balancing university life with lifting and solidifying a proper diet. Most of the time my mind and time is preoccupied with other things and thinking about what food to eat, how much to eat and when to eat just adds on top of that. What are some tips on the cheap but effective foods and how to carry them around? Should I be paranoid about when to eat like trying to get something solid down every 3 hours? All this of course is in context to gaining mass, at this point I’m not too concerned about bodyfat – I admit Prof X had influence on me when he says stop worrying bodyfat when you’re young. At 6’3 240lbs I need my hands on that fork and knife quite often. Any tips would be appreciated man.

Cheers.

Hey KingBeef.

What are your thoughts on Max-OT training vs. a higher frequency type training (2-3x per week) with less work sets per session.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Beef I gotta say man very inspirational. Have you ever trained like an athlete, going heavy and keeping reps low while lifting explosively? I can see you’ve fully eliminated deadlifts and back/front squats from your routine. Is that because because of injury worries or just because you don’t really see any good gains while going heavy on those compound movements (i.e see better results when you do more isolated exercises like leg curls and hack squats)?

One of the things that’s annoying me is balancing university life with lifting and solidifying a proper diet. Most of the time my mind and time is preoccupied with other things and thinking about what food to eat, how much to eat and when to eat just adds on top of that. What are some tips on the cheap but effective foods and how to carry them around? Should I be paranoid about when to eat like trying to get something solid down every 3 hours? All this of course is in context to gaining mass, at this point I’m not too concerned about bodyfat – I admit Prof X had influence on me when he says stop worrying bodyfat when you’re young. At 6’3 240lbs I need my hands on that fork and knife quite often. Any tips would be appreciated man.

Cheers.[/quote]

Thanks man. As far as eliminating deadlifts, I do RDL’s as my main compound hamstring movement. I stopped doing deadlifts because I have a ridiculous biomechanical advantage for the movement and as such, I feel RDL’s are much more effective at working my hamstrings through a full stretch ROM. Getting as strong on RDL’s as I used to be at deadlifts has resulted in much better hamstring growth.

I finally decided to eliminate squats for a little while, just to see what would happen, and lo and behold my quads started growing more. I’ve got long femurs and a short torso, which is the worst biomechanics for squatting you can have because no matter how much I improve my flexibility, I still have to lean forward considerably (particularly on back squats) in order for the bar to travel straight up and down. That said I’ll definitely be rotating front squats back into my training cycles, but there’s really something to just being able to push as hard as you can with your legs without being limited by stability.

As far as diet, I don’t feel you need to worry about eating 6 solid food meals a day. I’ve never done that and that would be ridiculously hard to do everyday on a consistent basis for a long period of time. Even before IF I kept it pretty simple. My daily nutrition consisted of 3 big meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, my periworkout stuff and a shake with some nuts before bed.

Periworkout I did 100g maltodex and 100g whey and bedtime shake was 50g protein as well. So with doing that it was pretty easy to get in all the calories and protein I wanted for the day. The key is to do something that is effective that you can STICK TO for a very long period of time. If you need more calories you can add in another shake or 2 to carry around with you in the day.

I used to mix up 50g whey, 1 cup oats, 2tbsp peanut butter and a banana in a blender and keep 2 in the fridge to drink as needed. But yeah, you definitely don’t need 6 solid food meals a day for good growth.

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Hey KingBeef.

What are your thoughts on Max-OT training vs. a higher frequency type training (2-3x per week) with less work sets per session.[/quote]

I’ve done the higher frequency type training in the past and I liked it and made very good gains. 2 main splits I used to use were Push/Pull/Legs hitting each bodypart 2x every 7 days and Chest/Back, Legs, Shoulders/Arms hitting each body part 2x every 8 days.

Only problem was that I’d seem to be more prone to nagging little aches and injuries when really pushing the weight up at those frequencies and also spent much more time in the gym. It seems my body really likes the short workout sessions with very heavy weight coupled with a lot of recovery time.

I say, give each type of training an honest shot for like 3 months at a time and assess your results and how you feel. This way you’ll eventually get over any sort of program ADD and really focus on training in the style that you feel works best for you like I have.

Another quick note on MAX-ot because I think a lot of people miss this. They recommend 53% of your total calories come from protein, lol. Which essentially means you should be eating 2g of protein per pound of your bodyweight. Personally I think high intensity in the gym and 2g per pound of bodyweight of protein is a foolproof way to make great gains.

For the record, that is one reason I quit doing squats as well. I have shown the machine I use. I also have long legs and it made it awkward. The squat machine and leg press seem to be working and have for the past few years. If I could train them more often, I am sure they would be one of my better body parts. I want to get them to 32+".

As far as the “6 meals a day” before you write that one off, there is MUCH benefit to be had from a newb with a fast metabolism concentrating on getting those meals (and thus those calories) over several courses through out the day. I would not be this size without that.

I also agree that now, I am moving away from that because I have alternatives and the results I am seeing from the protein strategy I am using means I don’t have to rely on that.

HOWEVER, that is a matter of progression…and there is no way in hell I was ready (financially or physically) to see the same results right out the gate from doing what I am now. I had to learn way more about my own body to see the greatest effect.

Other than that, good job articulating your thoughts. You are definitely one of the more stand out posters here.

Before super cissus: Pain in elbow tendon preventing heavy bicep work as well as pain in knees making quad work suck as well as knees aching for a few days after.
After super cissus: All joint pain greatly reduced or gone. Extremely happy about this because I’ve been able to start going super hard and heavy on quads without discomfort, which have always been a weak point for me because of that pain (and not training them properly for like my first 4 years of lifting).
[/quote]
Thanks bro. I asked because I have been getting more nagging aches and pains in my elbows lately. I might have to try some of this stuff out!