T Nation

Kinda of a Strange Guy

about 15 years ago I worked with this dude who had quite a few rather questionable hobbies . he never came right out and boasted of his knowledge or anything ; actually he never said much at all . kept to himself unless spoken to first , and hardly ever carried on an actual conversation .

well , over the course of about a year and a half , I noticed that his topics of interest were metalurgy , explosives/ballistics , electronics and surveilance techniques .

he would go on about shit that was WAY over anybody’s level of needing to know about this stuff . like knowing shit about ballistics that hunter’s may need to know…but he didnt hunt . and who studies metalurgy for christ’s sake ?

so , I pretty much forgot about him , as he left the company . last month I’m at a local park to take some pics with the daughter before she went back to uni . we see a guy sitting in the gazebo that we were planning on taking the pics in , so we waited a few minutes , and then just walked into the gazebo . and the dude sitting there is the dude I worked with …he’s all alone , sitting on a fold-out hunting stool , looking like he’s playing some kind of hand-held game ; but it turns out he’s actually texting…the whole time while facing the Edgewater Generating Station / Water Treatment plant . he would look up for a few seconds (at the Powerplant) , then go back to texting , then look back up and then text some more . this went on for about 15 minutes , when he packed up his stool and walked away .

kinda creeped me out

He’s from the future.

Well, let’s face it ,at least he was texting and not masturbating.

In all seriousness, why not just ask? He may have a ton of skills but with bullshitting not being one of them. Also Googling any news about the plant would be a smart move. Cause all you’ve got is circumstantial.

My little brother once was walkin’ through downtown and some homeless guy walked up to him and started telling Nick that he was the savior of the human race and our only hope. As my brother walked away the guy yelled “their can be only one!!!” My brother is a Highlander.

It couldn’t have creeped you out that much. You’re talking about an incident that happened last month; not yesterday. You would have talked about it sooner unless you just now crawled out of some underground bunker.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
It couldn’t have creeped you out that much. You’re talking about an incident that happened last month; not yesterday. You would have talked about it sooner unless you just now crawled out of some underground bunker.[/quote]

i was thinking the same.

actually I did mention it to a few folks I work with who may remember him . I do have an actual life besides the one here ya know.

another post on this forum reminded me of this , so I threw it out here thinkin’ the rest of the paranoids here would blow it all out of proportion…just for fun

turns out you guys aint much fun at all

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
turns out you guys aint much fun at all[/quote]

You’ve been around here long enough to know how it works. You want fun? Post the pics of your daughter in the gazebo. Lots of fun…guaranteeeeeeeeeed…

join the military and you will a lot of creepy people.

Sounds like a useful man to have on your side.

Did you say HI?

Since you were asking for paranoids: write down the date and approximate time that you saw him. If something happens to the plant, contact authorities with your info. Aside from that, yeah, sounds pretty circumstantial.

And if this guy knew about surveillance, he wouldn’t have been sitting in plain view staring at his ‘target’ and texting like a fiend with his own stool. Unless the gazebo is normally low-traffic during that time.

Wow. Holy shit. You are on to the next Tim McVeigh. Get tons of weapons…and make sure you have a manifesto. You have to shoot this motherfucker in the face… immediately. Put down your burrito … I’m serious.