T Nation

Kind of Pissed (Grippers)

Grippers have carried over for deadlift grip for me as well, for one my forarms are a lot stronger which contributed to all around grip. Another thing is doing negative holds-forcing hold say a #4- has helped with support grip.

Their are obviously cheaper ways to do the same thing for deadlift grip, but they are fun tools and the best for crush grip. They are also decent way of improving overall grip, as well as forearm size.

The Heavy Grips are crap. a 150 would be similiar to a coc #1 or so. If your getting 50 reps with that you should prolly get a #2 (for lower reps) or a #2.5 to work on. Closing bigger gripper makes you better at that but carry-over is alot smaller than you think. It helps to train the weakpoints directly.

CoC1 I can do 25x with either hand
CoC2 I can bash out 8x with my right hand and 2x with my left hand.

I put my finger tips on to the bar. My lifts are prety average apart from my Olifts…but I’ve been rock climbing for 8ys :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve only met one guy that could close the CoC2 first time and he was an exceptional athlete. The other guys thought they had amazing grips but the CoC2 took them down a few pegs! :stuck_out_tongue:

Koing

[quote]acorcorr wrote:
The Heavy Grips are crap. a 150 would be similiar to a coc #1 or so. If your getting 50 reps with that you should prolly get a #2 (for lower reps) or a #2.5 to work on. Closing bigger gripper makes you better at that but carry-over is alot smaller than you think. It helps to train the weakpoints directly.[/quote]

If this is who I think it is from the Gripboard, he knows a LOT about grip training. So worth listening to him…

Got the Heavy Grips 150,200,250,300, as well as the CoC 2 and 3. The CoC are harder, the tension kicks in earlier, and they are slightly bigger so it’s harder to set your grip. The no. 2 is about halfway between the 250 and 300 in terms of difficulty. While I can close the no.2 for reps, I am so far away from being able to do the 300 and the no. 3 it’s a joke.

[quote]Koing wrote:
CoC1 I can do 25x with either hand
CoC2 I can bash out 8x with my right hand and 2x with my left hand.

I put my finger tips on to the bar. My lifts are prety average apart from my Olifts…but I’ve been rock climbing for 8ys :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve only met one guy that could close the CoC2 first time and he was an exceptional athlete. The other guys thought they had amazing grips but the CoC2 took them down a few pegs! :stuck_out_tongue:

Koing[/quote]

Nice

check this guy out he does like 200 mini reps in one session best attempt was 48 in a row with the #2.
gripboard.com/index.php?&autocom=gallery&cmd=si&img=3406