Kimbo Slice on TUF 10

no way kimbo makes it past roy nelson…ridiculous to even have that guy on a feeder show like tuf. methinks that the ufc was going to give him a contract anyway and dana’s just hedging his bets now to ensure that kimbo can’t win

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
Therizza wrote:
i think rampage will pick Kimbo if i has the chance. Kimbo would take well to the style Rampage fights with, at least imo. Plus he’s God’s Street Soldier or whatever and they could probably relate better, but with regards to Kimbo taking it or going anywhere in the UFC, i highly doubt he will ever be in a title fight. Alot of people can hit as hard as him, as you probably saw in that EliteXC where he lost to some guy who picked the fight up last minute, and his famed “striking power” is all he’s got. A one trick pony, nothing more.

pssh that was the weakest tap on the chin ive ever seen.

more like Kimbo saw the odds of him losing go insanely low, huge strong puncher vs a random not very known small striker, Kimbo made a lot of money in vegas i bet, didnt u see how he didnt care at all after losing? he invited people to his bar for a party…

i swore he was being investigated for the match as well[/quote]

I got a buddy whose an olympic class wrestler and teachers mma now who says that shamrock was going to throw the right, and the cut was from a razor blade a week before so after 1-2 hits his eye would explode in blood and the fight would be called immediately. Makes sense to me, because I’ve NEVER heard of a fighter having the time prematch to be rolling.

On Kimbo being on TUF 10, if the man’s learned a little ground game I think he might have a shot at winning 1-2 matches, but if he hasn’t then anyone with a brain can tell you how to beat the guy.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Seego wrote:
Big Country Roy Nelson is in as well. I’ve got him to take it.

I had not heard this. I wonder what other pros are in? This is shaping up to be are good roster.

Wes Sims.[/quote]

Interesting.

Roy Nelson
Wes Sims
Kimbo Slice
Marcus Jones
Brendon Schuab
Matt Mitrioni
Wes Shivers

Anyone else that I haven’t heard yet?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Seego wrote:

I had not heard this. I wonder what other pros are in? This is shaping up to be are good roster.

Wes Sims.

Interesting.

Roy Nelson
Wes Sims
Kimbo Slice
Marcus Jones
Brendon Schuab
Matt Mitrioni
Wes Shivers

[/quote]

Supposedl,Darrill Schoonover. He trains here locally out of central TX at Fighters Forge. Former Army soldier…was ranked third in Army Combatives. He used to be a LHW…he was sparring with us at a muay thai smoker back in January. He was 248lbs and looked liked ass at that weight…he fights much better at LHW,imo. But he is 10-0 and doesn’t back down from anyone. In fact,he just beat Rex Richards by TKO back in May. Comes off as an asshole…but could be a very likable guy…will be interesting to see his attitude in the house.

Also,I believe Just Wren(another Texan) is on the show as well. He was a hell of a wrestler in HS. I believe he wrestled at Iowa State and was a All-American there. Last I heard,he was training out of Travis Lutter’s school in Fort Worth…he’s 6-1 and only 21-22 yrs old.

Oh and speaking of Rex Richards…he was to be on the show…but he injured himself. Rumor is that he is first choice as a replacement HW fighter if someone has to leave show for any reason.

I can’t wait till Sept.

I can’t wait for some of the guys to get some alcohol in them and challenge Kimbo at the house to a fight outside! Who cares who wins this season, I want to see that!

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Seego wrote:

Wes Sims.

Interesting.

Roy Nelson
Wes Sims
Kimbo Slice
Marcus Jones
Brendon Schuab
Matt Mitrioni
Wes Shivers

Supposedl,Darrill Schoonover. He trains here locally out of central TX at Fighters Forge. Former Army soldier…was ranked third in Army Combatives. He used to be a LHW…he was sparring with us at a muay thai smoker back in January. He was 248lbs and looked liked ass at that weight…he fights much better at LHW,imo. But he is 10-0 and doesn’t back down from anyone. In fact,he just beat Rex Richards by TKO back in May. Comes off as an asshole…but could be a very likable guy…will be interesting to see his attitude in the house.

Also,I believe Just Wren(another Texan) is on the show as well. He was a hell of a wrestler in HS. I believe he wrestled at Iowa State and was a All-American there. Last I heard,he was training out of Travis Lutter’s school in Fort Worth…he’s 6-1 and only 21-22 yrs old.

Oh and speaking of Rex Richards…he was to be on the show…but he injured himself. Rumor is that he is first choice as a replacement HW fighter if someone has to leave show for any reason.

I can’t wait till Sept. [/quote]

Interesting. Good to see that they might include some younger guys.

[quote]BackInAction wrote:
I can’t wait for some of the guys to get some alcohol in them and challenge Kimbo at the house to a fight outside! Who cares who wins this season, I want to see that![/quote]

I doubt we will see much of that. Seems to be a much older crowd on this one. That and HWs don’t generally have small man complex.

i really like the cast of tuf 10. that will become a hell of a show. roy nelson is great fighter , he nearly got into the top ten rankings. The rest of the card looks decent to…

Kimbo has absolutley no chance… that will be funny to watch.

Hopefully they will make an agreement like UK-US and they do not make any silly pranks. I hate it to see retarded guys get drunk and piss in someone elses food.

This is a beautifull sport hope the act like they deserve to be a pro athlete.

Like other sports where their athletes behave hahahha

I think Kimbo will have a better chance working with Rampage. If he was coached by Rashad (a wrestler) his ground game will not be able to mature enough in that amount of time to be a threat for submissions. He needs to work with Rampage to work on his take down DEFENSE and being able to get back on his feet! If Kimbo goes to the ground, it’s OVER! I don’t think he will win TUF, but he WILL get a contract because of his name and ability to draw a crowd, if only for his first UFC fight.

http://www.cagepotato.com/ultimate-fighter-heavyweights-teaser-featuring-rampage-rashad-and-kimbo

Lets not forget kimbo has a submission victory over Ray Mercer. He has some freak strength and for all we know he is training with Frank Mir or Gabriel Gonzaga stepping that BJJ up. I mean can you imagine Kimbo catching you in a kimura? Probably rip someones arm off. Everyone trashes his ability and says he is a 1d fighter but the guys only been training mma for a couple years. It’ll definitely be interesting.

They said Kimbo was getting no extra money for the Ultimate Fighter. That is true. He gets the same money for winning the fights that everyone else does. BUT he will make a ton of money from the ads and promotions he does for the Ultimate Fighter.

Initially it didn’t make sense to me why he would do this show when he could easily go to Japan and become a millionaire. They love these kind of guys over there. But now it does. He’s going to become a millionaire here, and get to work with the best promotion agency in the world (UFC). By the time he’s done with the show, he’ll probably be the best known fighter out there.
Smart move on both his part and the UFC’s.

Anybody have word on how they are structuring the fight schedule. With all heavyweights they can actually make Kimbo’s fight to be the last one of the eight.

[quote]BackInAction wrote:
I can’t wait for some of the guys to get some alcohol in them and challenge Kimbo at the house to a fight outside! Who cares who wins this season, I want to see that![/quote]

He has a better chance of winning one of those fights. He may have improved, but is still slow as shit and has little ground experience. But he still has a punchers chance, although it will be interesting to see if guys just bum rush him and try the seth petruzzi approach, or lay back

[quote]Champ1989 wrote:
Lets not forget kimbo has a submission victory over Ray Mercer. He has some freak strength and for all we know he is training with Frank Mir or Gabriel Gonzaga stepping that BJJ up. I mean can you imagine Kimbo catching you in a kimura? Probably rip someones arm off. Everyone trashes his ability and says he is a 1d fighter but the guys only been training mma for a couple years. It’ll definitely be interesting.[/quote]

Can we take that submission victory with any degree of seriousness?

[quote]cromwell2007 wrote:
Champ1989 wrote:
Lets not forget kimbo has a submission victory over Ray Mercer. He has some freak strength and for all we know he is training with Frank Mir or Gabriel Gonzaga stepping that BJJ up. I mean can you imagine Kimbo catching you in a kimura? Probably rip someones arm off. Everyone trashes his ability and says he is a 1d fighter but the guys only been training mma for a couple years. It’ll definitely be interesting.

Can we take that submission victory with any degree of seriousness?[/quote]

No. For fucks sake, I could get a submission victory over Mercer…if I could get the fight to the ground without dying first :).

A 1D fighter subs a guy who’s even more 1D than him. That sounds credible…

[quote]cromwell2007 wrote:
Champ1989 wrote:

Can we take that submission victory with any degree of seriousness?[/quote]

Why not? Kimbo had him in full guard, feet locked behind his lower back and choked him out. How many times have we seen Joe Stevenson guillotine people and the UFC sucks his nuggets. The truth is no one really knows what Kimbo has been doing, but if he has come this far, then he is no fool, and he has people around him who arn’t fools either.

Kimbo has come from fighting on the street for money, to fighting on TUF. Idk how many of you come from poverty but that builds something you can’t train, and thats heart. Im not saying Kimbo is going to take it hands down, but definitely dont count him out just yet.

fair point Champ,

but no matter how good or bad he is, everyone is going to be gunning for him, EVERYONE.

I’m not saying it’s going to be as bad as Junie Browning’s little brother. But if I am an hwt on the show, the absolute last person I want to lose to is Kimbo. And that adds some motivation as well.

I understand his hunger though, show me someone who says money isn’t everything, and I’ll show you someone whose never gone hungry. The question is will Kimbo really take this seriously. His breaking with Bas says something. The fact that one of Bas’s trainers is still working with him says something else.

But odds are Kimbo doesn’t even make it to the semis, the odds are just too highly stacked. But hey stranger things have happened in MMA (Serra, Gonzaga head kick, etc) so I could be wrong.

Either way I can’t wait to start a pool on this show

[quote]Barachiel wrote:
don’t feel bad cyco, my boy had Sadollah from the get go, and I picked C.B.

But I will give Kimbo some credit. Every single fighter on that show is going to gun for him, everyone.

But hey if you want respect in the fight game that’s what you got to do. I don’t think Dana would risk a can for Kimbo. Too many people are going to be watching way too closely. But I know he’s hoping he makes it to at least the semis. If he makes it that far he can still legitly put him on the fight night. Making another big ratings pay day.

Just think Kimbo, Rashad, Rampage. This will either be great TV, set black people back about 10 years, or both.

what?

I’m not the only one thinking it.[/quote]

I think Dana hopes he loses early and gets cut so that he is exposed as the fraud he is.Either that or he makes it and more people buy the ppv and dana gets paid.

Now I have been getting flamed for a coment I made over at the arnolds kids thread but what do you mean “set black people back about 10 years” what because there arent any black belt holders.That doesnt mean none of them are any good.

Oh wait what about Andersone Silva arguably the best fighter in the world.