Kimbo Slice is a Wuss

They should have cast him as Baracus in the new A-Team.

agreed!

he can hit i guess, but the dude has a glass jaw.

No he doesn’t. Watch his MMA fights, he gets blasted in the face constantly in those fights.

When he fought Petruzelli, he was hopping back to avoid a kick, off balance, caught a jab, which knocked the already off-balance fighter down.
Then he was hit in the back of the head repeatedly while trying to get up.

Yeah, illegal blows constitute as a knockout in ELITEXC.

[quote]BodyByGame20 wrote:
No he doesn’t. Watch his MMA fights, he gets blasted in the face constantly in those fights.

When he fought Petruzelli, he was hopping back to avoid a kick, off balance, caught a jab, which knocked the already off-balance fighter down.
Then he was hit in the back of the head repeatedly while trying to get up.

Yeah, illegal blows constitute as a knockout in ELITEXC. [/quote]

Kimbo, is that you?

No. I was sponsored (briefly) by Triumph United, like Kimbo (also briefly).

He’s my boy, i just fuckin’ hate the disrespect and shit talkin’ people do when he comes up.
They’ve never met him, never talked to him.

I dunno, I guess I just take it personal.

No. I was sponsored (briefly) by Triumph United, like Kimbo (also briefly).

He’s my boy, i just fuckin’ hate the disrespect and shit talkin’ people do when he comes up.
They’ve never met him, never talked to him.

I dunno, I guess I just take it personal. [/quote]

I like the guy. He’s lived the American Dream. But to say that he’s not a very good fighter is not hating on him… it’s just callin a spade a spade.

Irish, I’ll agree he’s not the best all around. You’re right. Some of these dudes just get disrespectful.
Thanks for being cool about it.

Not saying the man is a boxer or a MMA. I’m saying he has NATURAL skill with his hands by that I’m saying if someone had caught him as a kid with the natural way he throws “WHO KNOWS” BUT he is a man in his mid 30’s going up agains younger TRAINED guys. I’m wondering what his ability is to learn and he must learn to survive in the MMA world. STAND UP/STAND UP DEFENSE and to a MUCH greater degree GROUND SKILL.

He is in the new season of Ultimate Fighter. They have it set up with boxers and such. And one of the team Captains is Rampage Jackson. ITs a whole season of HEAVYWEIGHTS. And am LOVING THIS. I’m really curious to see how many fights he can make it thru PLUS what he can learn in the time they have.

Irish, I’ll agree he’s not the best all around. You’re right. Some of these dudes just get disrespectful.
Thanks for being cool about it. [/quote]

I’m all for Kimbo I just want to know what I can use as proof. I’m just not for using Youtube fights as a sign that somebody is a great striker. And I’m asking a serious question. From a fighter, or coach’s standpoint what is it that you see in him?

[quote]four60 wrote:
Not saying the man is a boxer or a MMA. I’m saying he has NATURAL skill with his hands by that I’m saying if someone had caught him as a kid with the natural way he throws “WHO KNOWS” BUT he is a man in his mid 30’s going up agains younger TRAINED guys. [/quote]

Not that I don’t agree, but it’s very plain that Kimbo has at least some formal training in boxing. He’s got footwork and his punches are tight… that’s generally not something you just pick up in the course of a regular day unless your last name is Mayweather.

Thanks for being cool about it. [/quote]

You followed the same disrespectful protocol in the TUF 10 thread…I was fine agreeing to disagree until you resorted to trying to attack folks…grow up and stop being clouded by the whole “Kimbo’s my boy” bullshit.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
BodyByGame20 wrote:

I’m all for Kimbo I just want to know what I can use as proof. I’m just not for using Youtube fights as a sign that somebody is a great striker. And I’m asking a serious question. From a fighter, or coach’s standpoint what is it that you see in him?[/quote]

In a few years, with enough hard work, I see a contender for the belt. You got to have more than a heavy right hand to make good in MMA. And thats no disrespect.

Dude, you seriously need to stop with all this “grow up” shit. Let me talk shit about one of your boys constantly along with every other motherfuck who most likely doesn’t know him and then tell me you aren’t going to get pissed.

Oh wait, you will.

He came up from the streets to feed his family. He did it the best way he could, by fuckin’ dudes up. Kimbo didn’t want to be the face of MMA, he doesn’t think he’s the greatest.
He’s good at bustin’ eyeballs out of people’s skulls. He knows that. He’s trying to excel at it. Everyone goes around talking about how…“He ain’t shit. he don’t know nothin’. He ain’t got no ground game! Why’s he think he’s so hawt!?” and it ain’t even like that.

After three years of people being jackasses I get a little fed up.

Seriously stop with this fuckin’ “kid” bullshit too. You’re probably 2-3 years older then me, if at all. Unless you’re 50 or some shit, don’t call me “kid”.

You don’t know me, you don’t know who I am, what I’ve done so don’t go making assumptions.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
BodyByGame20 wrote:

I’m all for Kimbo I just want to know what I can use as proof. I’m just not for using Youtube fights as a sign that somebody is a great striker. And I’m asking a serious question. From a fighter, or coach’s standpoint what is it that you see in him?[/quote]

From a fighter’s view: Kimbo’s got heart, he’s not backing down from challenges. A company put themselves on his shoulders and told him to march and he did.
He’s got some pretty good hand skill after working with Bas and his strength is somewhat disturbing.

He’s also apparently very willing to learn, hence him going to TUF. Most guys who’re main eventing and already (according to mmajunkie.com) a millionaire probably wouldn’t be willing to be schooled on TV, by other fighters.

My views. I could be wrong. It’s what I see though.

Dude, you seriously need to stop with all this “grow up” shit. Let me talk shit about one of your boys constantly along with every other motherfuck who most likely doesn’t know him and then tell me you aren’t going to get pissed.

Oh wait, you will.

He came up from the streets to feed his family. He did it the best way he could, by fuckin’ dudes up. Kimbo didn’t want to be the face of MMA, he doesn’t think he’s the greatest.
He’s good at bustin’ eyeballs out of people’s skulls. He knows that. He’s trying to excel at it. Everyone goes around talking about how…“He ain’t shit. he don’t know nothin’. He ain’t got no ground game! Why’s he think he’s so hawt!?” and it ain’t even like that.

After three years of people being jackasses I get a little fed up.

Seriously stop with this fuckin’ “kid” bullshit too. You’re probably 2-3 years older then me, if at all. Unless you’re 50 or some shit, don’t call me “kid”.

You don’t know me, you don’t know who I am, what I’ve done so don’t go making assumptions.[/quote]

I’m not making assumptions…your initial behavior and tone with me made the assumptions…I only reacted. If you’re a grown ass man…you should be able to take constructive criticism…which is what most posters are doing regarding Kimbo. You know he has flaws in his game…and he’s facing an uphill battle with making it in the UFC. It’s one thing to defend someone who’s character is being attacked…but we are talking about MMA skill. That is all…stop being so sensitive,bro.

haha that video is hilarious.

And as for Kimbo, I think he can do very well in MMA with some good coaching and training. He has a good base for a great stand up game so with good coaching he will be able to dominate most fighters standing up.

Yeah, right there, I liked that. You talked to me with some ounce of respect. I understand where you’re coming from and I apologize for being dick-ish to you.

Not everyone on this board has been resepectful about it though with stuff like “glass-jaw” and “no talent”. It just gets annoying. Sorry for acting like a jerk.

Yeah, right there, I liked that. You talked to me with some ounce of respect. I understand where you’re coming from and I apologize for being dick-ish to you.

Not everyone on this board has been resepectful about it though with stuff like “glass-jaw” and “no talent”. It just gets annoying. Sorry for acting like a jerk. [/quote]

It’s all good…it’s just the internet…no harm done. It’s funny that you mentioned Triumph United…I just ordered a few things from them today.

Keep having faith in “your boy.” I can’t fault you for that. I would do the same with those who are in fact being dicks and talking pure bullshit…BUT with only those types.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Kimbo is a fourth rate boxer who will never amount to much in the UFC.

However, he is one of the last guys I’d want to get into a streetfight with. Anyone who has the balls to bareknuckle box regularly gets props in my book.[/quote]

Agree other than I’ve a few people who would rank above him in the “last guy I’d want to streetfight with” category. It’s a streetfight…how big and scary he is may not mean much against a brick or newspaper vendor etc. I will agree he’s scary though’