Kimbo-Houston Alexander UFC 107

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003249.html

So I guess he didn’t win TUF then

This might actually be entertaining. Don’t see it going past the first round, though.

Alexander by submission? Kimbo by submission?

[quote]drewh wrote:
Alexander by submission? Kimbo by submission?[/quote]

lol

Alexander-first round ko

By forehead taps and belly flop suffocation…That would have been more accurate.

From what I have seen on TUF, Kimbo isn’t confident in himself to compete in the UFC. He sees guys his size who are willing to bang with him as well as do submissions and kicking. he realizes, like Mike Tyson when he faced Holyfield, looking mean and throwing haymakers doesn’t equate to a good fighter.

I like Houston Alexander a lot because he can deliver punches in bunches. And he is short so it will be kind of hard for Kimbo to get a good bead on him. That is if Alexander keeps moving and doesn’t try anything stupid like stand directly in front of Kimbo.

Houston is gonna smash Kimbo. Dana is really throwing Kimbo to the wolves. I mean Nelson wasnt near the same caliber Houston is. What I’m wondering is, is this going to be a catch weight fight or what. I know Kimbo most likely wont drop to '05 and no telling if Houston can bulk to near '65 at fight time.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
Houston is gonna smash Kimbo. Dana is really throwing Kimbo to the wolves. I mean Nelson wasnt near the same caliber Houston is. What I’m wondering is, is this going to be a catch weight fight or what. I know Kimbo most likely wont drop to '05 and no telling if Houston can bulk to near '65 at fight time.
[/quote]

Why would Alexander need to bulk up to near 265? He just fought at HW for Adrenaline MMA. Granted that he could of been at 206lbs. Don’t know what he weighed in at in that fight. Still,Alexander is no small LHW. On the flip side,Kimbo is only like 234. I don’t see why he couldn’t drop the weight·

I could see this being a catch weight…but if you really think about it,if they both weigh-in at over 205lbs,it will still be considered a HW bout. Alexander might just have to be the smaller guy…but probably not by much. It could very well be like the weight difference between Couture and Nog in their fight.

[quote]Truet wrote:
From what I have seen on TUF, Kimbo isn’t confident in himself to compete in the UFC. He sees guys his size who are willing to bang with him as well as do submissions and kicking. he realizes, like Mike Tyson when he faced Holyfield, looking mean and throwing haymakers doesn’t equate to a good fighter.

I like Houston Alexander a lot because he can deliver punches in bunches. And he is short so it will be kind of hard for Kimbo to get a good bead on him. That is if Alexander keeps moving and doesn’t try anything stupid like stand directly in front of Kimbo.[/quote]

Alexander is 6’0…Kimbo is 6’2. I highly doubt there will be that much of a height difference to consider Houston Alexander “short” in comparison to Kimbo.

They both have similar style as far as how they “square up” with their opponent. They both rely heavily on head movement more than actual footwork and angles.

Slice is in way over his head. I don’t undrstand how he got this. His power’s way overrated, his chin is suspect and he’s proven that he doesn’t have the ability to learn new tricks. I like the guy, he’s taken everything he’s been given with humility and thanks but he’s not on the level of the other fighters on TUF, let alone one who’s been competing against some of the best for years. If he’s not careful he’s gonna get himself hurt.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Slice is in way over his head. I don’t undrstand how he got this. His power’s way overrated, his chin is suspect and he’s proven that he doesn’t have the ability to learn new tricks. I like the guy, he’s taken everything he’s been given with humility and thanks but he’s not on the level of the other fighters on TUF, let alone one who’s been competing against some of the best for years. If he’s not careful he’s gonna get himself hurt.[/quote]

WEll, it’s probably still way better than where he was five years ago…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Slice is in way over his head. I don’t undrstand how he got this. His power’s way overrated, his chin is suspect and he’s proven that he doesn’t have the ability to learn new tricks. I like the guy, he’s taken everything he’s been given with humility and thanks but he’s not on the level of the other fighters on TUF, let alone one who’s been competing against some of the best for years. If he’s not careful he’s gonna get himself hurt.

WEll, it’s probably still way better than where he was five years ago… [/quote]

By the law of averages it just about has to be.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
admbaum wrote:

Why would Alexander need to bulk up to near 265? He just fought at HW for Adrenaline MMA. Granted that he could of been at 206lbs. Don’t know what he weighed in at in that fight. Still,Alexander is no small LHW. On the flip side,Kimbo is only like 234. I don’t see why he couldn’t drop the weightÃ?·

I could see this being a catch weight…but if you really think about it,if they both weigh-in at over 205lbs,it will still be considered a HW bout. Alexander might just have to be the smaller guy…but probably not by much. It could very well be like the weight difference between Couture and Nog in their fight.
[/quote]

All that is true. I’m actually starting to look forward to this fight

As a fight fan I got to say the gimmick feeling of this fight makes me sad.

As a business fan, THIS IS BRILLIANT!!

Of all the fighters to throw in with Kimbo to leach off his multimedia fame, they put in Houston “It’s going to end by knockout one way or another” Alexander.

Granted don’t blink, but man talk about upping your pay per view buy-ins. The real quetsion is, who is the can for who? ; )

[quote]Barachiel wrote:
As a fight fan I got to say the gimmick feeling of this fight makes me sad.

As a business fan, THIS IS BRILLIANT!!

Of all the fighters to throw in with Kimbo to leach off his multimedia fame, they put in Houston “It’s going to end by knockout one way or another” Alexander.

Granted don’t blink, but man talk about upping your pay per view buy-ins. The real quetsion is, who is the can for who? ; )[/quote]

Seriously this is a great business move… They are going to bank off Kimbo, hes probably not going to go past this fight though

I heard this would be on the TUF finale coming up instead…Apparantly Houston had to apply for a license in Nevada due to he is over 35…and TUF 10 finale is in Vegas, and 107 is in Memphis…

[quote]Truet wrote:
He realizes, like Mike Tyson when he faced Holyfield, looking mean and throwing haymakers doesn’t equate to a good fighter.

[/quote]

Huh? As a guy who grew up on Tyson, at his peak he was a hell of a lot more than just someone looking mean and throwing haymakers.

I don’t understand this statement at all.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Truet wrote:
He realizes, like Mike Tyson when he faced Holyfield, looking mean and throwing haymakers doesn’t equate to a good fighter.

Huh? As a guy who grew up on Tyson, at his peak he was a hell of a lot more than just someone looking mean and throwing haymakers.

I don’t understand this statement at all.[/quote]

I thought the same thing. Guessing this guy never saw a pre-Don King Tyson.