Kid Kills 4 DD, No Jail Time

I cannot believe this shit!! How is this possible that the kid gets no jail time and only rehab.

Money, money, money, money, mooooney.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah it’s sickening

I don’t understand. What are you going to do, kill the teen too? Is jail time going to bring anyone back? Here:

Kid kills 4 in accident

A: Punish him however, ruin/end his life even more than it is now. Cool.

B: Send him to rehab, in the process gain some understanding of what made him do this and human behavior as a whole (not just some overgeneralized tabloid soundbite like “affluenza”), then instead of wasting time with hour long health class DARE sessions where Officer DoRight comes in with a breathalizer and mouthwash, we pick out the specific troubled kids, put them on the right path, and prevent more loss.

People just like being mad. Affluenza? We’re in America, we all have affluenza. If you’re reading this you’re already in the top 10% of the planet’s wealth.

Go ahead and send him to jail. That’ll for sure show every other wealthy teenager who right now is shitfaced drunk getting a blowjob going 120 mph down the highway at 3AM and doesn’t give a shit about news stories like this. They’re just gonna go on their phone and read the article and say “My God. I need to be more responsible! Stop sucking my dick, I’m taking you home now!”.

TL;DR: It’s tragic. Four people died, and those families and communities will never be the same. It is sickening indeed. But nothing is gained by punishing the child.

[quote]marrot wrote:
But nothing is gained by punishing the child.[/quote]

what? are you high?

So what if you ruin the kids life by putting him in prison for the next 30 years, You have to be held accountable for your actions and you don’t get a free pass because your young or rich.

[quote]marrot wrote:
Kid kills 4 in accident

A: Punish him however, ruin/end his life even more than it is now. Cool.[/quote]
Yes exactly this. I think he should spend the rest of his life in jail. He killed four people and turned one of his friends into a vegetable. His life should be over.

My kid is sixteen right now and I am actually making him wait to get his license. With more cars on the road than ever and with technology (cell phones, etc…) use far greater than it was when we (I’m 40) had growing up and driving back in the day, I don’t think teenagers should be allowed to drive. They don’t have the judgement/restraint for the amount of responsibility that driving entails these days. If you are going to be responsible for other people’s lives (i.e. everyone sharing the road with you), then you should be an adult.

We all did dumb shit when we were sixteen. But now more than ever, the accountability piece is missing with many of the younger generation today. Today’s teenagers behind the wheel scares me. Many of them have little to no common sense or even a concept of what good judgement is. A few more years will give their brains time to mature a bit and make safer decisions over all. I say raise the driving age to 18, the age of majority. Then let them be accountable for ALL of their actions.

Killing four people and getting off scott free because you are a minor is bullshit.

The system failed. It is not the first time. Money and connections make a difference. I wonder if there are any concerns about retaliation from the victims friends or family?

[quote]marrot wrote:

B: Send him to rehab, in the process gain some understanding of what made him do this and human behavior as a whole (not just some overgeneralized tabloid soundbite like “affluenza”), then instead of wasting time with hour long health class DARE sessions where Officer DoRight comes in with a breathalizer and mouthwash, we pick out the specific troubled kids, put them on the right path, and prevent more loss.

[/quote]

There really is no mystery here. Drunk drivers get behind the wheel for one reason: they think they are in control and everything will be fine.

Unless the kid has genuine dependency issues, rehab is just the judge forcing him to go through the motions of attrition.

[quote]marrot wrote:
I don’t understand. What are you going to do, kill the teen too? Is jail time going to bring anyone back? Here:

Kid kills 4 in accident

A: Punish him however, ruin/end his life even more than it is now. Cool.

People just like being mad. Affluenza? We’re in America, we all have affluenza. If you’re reading this you’re already in the top 10% of the planet’s wealth.

Go ahead and send him to jail. That’ll for sure show every other wealthy teenager who right now is shitfaced drunk getting a blowjob going 120 mph down the highway at 3AM and doesn’t give a shit about news stories like this. They’re just gonna go on their phone and read the article and say “My God. I need to be more responsible! Stop sucking my dick, I’m taking you home now!”.

TL;DR: It’s tragic. Four people died, and those families and communities will never be the same. It is sickening indeed. But nothing is gained by punishing the child.[/quote]

so it’s cool if he rapes your 4yr old kid sister? OK if he walks up to you and gut shoots you with a 22lr and lets you lay on the side of the road?
you da man!

Kids don’t understand how much attention is required to drive well and avoid others who are irresponsible on the road. Driving on the road is insane when you think it is about pure trust that others are going to be as responsible as you are.

The driving standards need to be raised in this country. A well trained monkey could get license, and between the elderly and teens it’s amazing there are not more deaths.

There is stringent licensing standards in British Columbia. New drivers

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Kids don’t understand how much attention is required to drive well and avoid others who are irresponsible on the road. Driving on the road is insane when you think it is about pure trust that others are going to be as responsible as you are. [/quote]

This. So much this.

I was once having a conversation with my mom, who was in the passenger seat, and almost ran into the car in front of me because I didn’t pay attention.

Made me realize just how even a moment of inattention is enough to cause something. I rarely carry any conversation of importance with passengers now. Just the act of talking about something even remotely important is enough of a distraction imo.

Also regularly have to avoid being narrowly hit by someone else who clearly isn’t paying attention to wtf is going on in the next fucking lane. It’s absurd how poorly people drive. I’ve had my butt saved multiple times by my dad’s simple advice of avoiding having cars next to you if you can manage it. So many people just veer in without paying attention to cars accelerating/decelerating/whether there are cars in the next lane to begin with.

[quote]marrot wrote:
[/quote]

Not relevant. He murdered four people (five if you consider his brain-dead friend).

He needs to face consequences. Not driving for 10 years (Oh god the horror!) and not drinking (Omfg! How am I to live now?!) and a stint at a rehab facility are not consequences that come even close to measuring up to the deed.

I never quite understood why teens should be given different sentences from adults. This boy needs to be in jail for the rest of his life.

To add to this-

I personally think people like this, who committed absolutely heinous crimes, should be placed in complete isolation with nothing to do for most of their prison sentence. Why? Let the guilt ((provided that they’re human beings and not inhuman psychopaths) stew in their mind. And, well, if they don’t feel guilty, then the lack of human contact is a nice way to make people go insane too. Both works for me.

I have a somewhat on topic question:

Sometimes I want to change the lane and I have someone driving next to me.

If I speed up, they speed up.

If I slow down because I dont care who is in front, I just want to change the lane, they slow down too.

What is up with that?

[quote]orion wrote:
I have a somewhat on topic question:

Sometimes I want to change the lane and I have someone driving next to me.

If I speed up, they speed up.

If I slow down because I dont care who is in front, I just want to change the lane, they slow down too.

What is up with that?[/quote]

Mindless zombie driver, but this when having a decently quick car comes in hardy