Kicking Addictions and Habits

Also, Yogi do you have something to tell us?

3 Likes

Right, I’m trying this. My latest attempt to quit by camping in the woods for a week with no cigarettes ended in a dismal failure after I walked 7 miles and back to a petrol station to get fags. This seems like a better idea.

1 Like

So you decided to go out into the woods and brood about how much you want a cigarette for a week? That’s a good plan, but you messed up by not getting sloppy drunk the entire time. First off, that’s what you’re supposed to do out in the woods. Secondly, and this is the key, I think you could have pulled it all off if walking back to the store was put out-of-reach by a fifth of bourbon. Perhaps you would have become lost or injured far from help, but you probably wouldn’t die and you might have kicked the habit. What you need to watch out for is the stress from the rescue operation and unflattering news story getting the better of you, then you’ll be in the clear.

Rationing can work too. Whatever gets you where you need to go!

You’re right, that should have been part of the plan. Unfortunately I forgot my whiskey, leaving me to rely on a small stash of beer.

I did heroin for a year, I’m over a year clean now. It took me losing an amazing career that I had going for myself that was making me a lot of money, almost ruining a relationship with my fiancé, losing all my friends, losing my “status”, losing all the gains I made in the gym (I was 230 ish at 11%bf), losing contact with my family, and even then I still used.

Once I missed my daughters first birthday though, that was the last straw.

I also quit smoking four months ago, was actually really easy. Quitting heroin was a bitch though, I definitely needed rehab and everyone I know that has quit heroin needed rehab. I mean it was a bit cheesy and exaggerated at the rehab I went to - and I know many are a lot worse- but being removed from the real world and being with other fuck ups really gives you a good wake up call.

1 Like