Kicked Out of Golds Gym

I am 39yrs. old and have been working out for 2yrs. Joined Golds as my 1st gym, while there I noticed they had a small room in the back where the big buys hung out. I talked to many of those guys to get info.,being a newbie they were cool to me because I listened and was intense.I went into the other side to do decline db press and had the 80’s, started to grunt sooo a 140lb. trainer told me,“You can’t grunt in here,you are upsetting some of the members.” I told him to get his ass under 160 and not grunt. We had a few more words that ended with me telling Golds Gym to fuckoff. I have built my own gym in my basement,check it out.

More pics

db rack 5-50 and I have 70’s

Lat pull dn, hyper ex., dip station

Looks great…I’m jealous.

If you have the bread to equip yourself with a kick ass home gym, why did you even bother to join a gym in the first place. I’m not starting a war here just curious.

It took 1yr to get the equiptment. I was pissed off so I saved and put back where I could. The lat pull dn was donated by a friend, the Preacher was a gift from my brother. Power Rack $700, Pec Deck $600. You can do it if you have the space. I have never lifted before but I work in a box plant where I push around heavy shit all day so Golds was close. Thanx for the props. :slight_smile:

JEFE

I used to train at a Gold’s right by my house. One of the worlds strongest men trained there. He was a world record Squater. They kicked him out and got rid of the lifting platform. They needed room for cardio equipment (yes, this is a GOLD’S) and he was scaring little old ladies. Scared as in, the little ladies were afraid he was going to hurt himself.

nice setup all you need now is a leg press machine or hack squat machine…or both hahaa:)

I’m at gold’s and they are actually cool with my “lunkyness” I grunt, fart, scratch my nuts, use chalk and DL barefoot and they dont give me any crap about it. I’ve been trying to get them to throw me out so I can get out of my contract and go to a hardcore gym. There’s not very many big guys at the golds I go to and I’m the only one that lifts like they give a damn.

Nice set up though…I’d kill to be able to afford a respectable home gym. One day, I will.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I’m at gold’s and they are actually cool with my “lunkyness” I grunt, fart, scratch my nuts, use chalk and DL barefoot and they dont give me any crap about it. I’ve been trying to get them to throw me out so I can get out of my contract and go to a hardcore gym. There’s not very many big guys at the golds I go to and I’m the only one that lifts like they give a damn.

Nice set up though…I’d kill to be able to afford a respectable home gym. One day, I will. [/quote]

puke and rally on their cardio equipment…hint: let the spew hit some of the soccer moms in the face.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:

Nice set up though…I’d kill to be able to afford a respectable home gym. One day, I will. [/quote]

puke and rally on their cardio equipment…hint: let the spew hit some of the soccer moms in the face.[/quote]

Haha this may work. The staff at Urban Active get pretty pissed when I yack on gym the floor (in a trashcan but where the moms can see).

[quote]admbaum wrote:

If you wand out just go to either the streching area or cardio section but only if some of the afformentioned soccor moms are there. Take off your pants, squat down, and take a dump on the floor. If that dont get you thrown out nothing will

I’m curious as to whether or not all you people who get bitched at for grunting actually go to a pansy gym… or if you are simply being annoying fags in the weight room.

There’s grunting, and there’s douchey exhibitionism. I’m serially curious as to where many of you persecuted grunters see yourselves.

signed,
a guy who grunts on occasion but has never been spoken to about it

grunting while doing decline DB press with the 80’s, or any weight below 150 for the matter is kinda douchey if you ask me

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
grunting while doing decline DB press with the 80’s, or any weight below 150 for the matter is kinda douchey if you ask me[/quote]

Wouldn’t this make more sense coming from someone who could DB press anywhere NEAR 150’s?

To OP, kinda sucks about getting kicked out, but I like your setup a lot. Good shit, make good use of it.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
grunting while doing decline DB press with the 80’s, or any weight below 150 for the matter is kinda douchey if you ask me[/quote]

I’ll grunt pressing 40s if I’m going to failure…guess I’m “douchey”

I grunt just for fun sometimes and to be douchey.

[quote]sevenmoist wrote:
I grunt just for fun sometimes and to be douchey.[/quote]

x2

personally Ive never felt a need to grunt… focused breathing mostly. I crack up when I hear people grunt.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

Wouldn’t this make more sense coming from someone who could DB press anywhere NEAR 150’s?

To OP, kinda sucks about getting kicked out, but I like your setup a lot. Good shit, make good use of it. [/quote]

how do you know if I cant press the 200’s ? and by the way I dont grunt for any pressing

• ‘‘If you doing any noise you are doing it wrong’’ that’s what Roy Callendar told me. I listen to him