T Nation

Keysi Fighting Method.

I did a workshop recently which was held by some guys from spain.

They had an interesting take on fighting methods, and had a style which i saw to be a bit more realistic than some others. More of what a man can actually do as opposed to what he should do. Even though we all know there is no such thing as a superior style, only a superior fighter.

Although it was very self-promoted in its presentation. I did enjoy myself. I wanted to see if any of you had seen/heard or done Keysi Fighting Method. And what you thought.

Only thing I’ve heard is that they based Batman’s fighting techniques on Keysi Method in the movies. On a Keysi website, they have a quote from Christian Bale.

Our jj teacher took two workshops and we trained the basics. It is purely self-defense. I liked it, it is very natural (e.g. hands on your head) and it seems realistic.

It’s a relatively new combat discipline and looks VERY interesting. I’d like to learn it.

I’ll study anything that makes my fighting in a cape and cowl more efficient and realistic.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
What…are you 12?[/quote]
Maybe he could have worded it slightly different, but all in all, it is a truthful statement.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
boxingash wrote:
Even though we all know there is no such thing as a superior style, only a superior fighter.

What…are you 12?[/quote]

There you go…drinking your own piss again. By insulting him,I take it you have something to prove that statement wrong.

yeah mick i see a lot of badmouthing but you have nothing backing your words up… ever

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Hey my stalker “little boss” has arrived. I see you’re keeping even closer tabs on me. Still no life huh? Dam shame…

Big_Boss wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
boxingash wrote:
Even though we all know there is no such thing as a superior style, only a superior fighter.

What…are you 12?

There you go…drinking your own piss again.

Hey good one man…Can you share any other ghetto phrases with us?

By insulting him,I take it you have something to prove that statement wrong.

Being a moron I’m sure you don’t realize that some styles are superior to others for certain things.

Talk to you soon “little stalker.”[/quote]

I take it your answer was NO…and I have a “universal” phrase for you: Fuck you in the ass. How about making a valid argument instead of insulting folks with no leg to stand on. Wouldn’t that make you the moron??

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:
yeah mick i see a lot of badmouthing but you have nothing backing your words up… ever

Backing them up? What would you like?

Would you like an assessment of all martial arts styles why some are weak and some strong?

Shall we start with Aikido? [/quote]

You love to twist what is originally stated to suit your own bullshit agenda don’t you. You generalize too much because you NEVER know what the hell you’re talking about.

What boxinggash stated is not as black and white as you make it to be…“what are you 12??”

So why don’t you educate us ghetto folks,great chosen one??

Hey good thing the OP didn’t ask a valid question.

This isn’t the politics forum. Don’t treat it as such.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

I take it your answer was NO.

Any thinking adult who has anything beyond a basic understanding of martial arts knows that not every ma is the same…But I didn’t expect you to realize this so don’t worry about it.
[/quote]

I didn’t expect you to realize that no one is arguing against that…you’re stating the absolute obvious,moron. That is actually the most basic understanding of martial arts…not beyond. You just proved where you fit in that spectrum.

Besides,that alone is not enough to back up your weak argument…I’m still waiting on a real one…but I guess you really don’t have one. No surprise there.

I don’t like transsexuals. But I can let LiveFromThe781 know you’re interested…deal?

Umm,this an open internet forum with numerous posters…I only see your ass when you’re trying to one line…and insult people…like some attention-seeking unloved child. Hmm,so who’s the stalker??

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Hey good thing the OP didn’t ask a valid question.

This isn’t the politics forum. Don’t treat it as such.[/quote]

True…

[quote]boxingash wrote:
I did a workshop recently which was held by some guys from spain.

They had an interesting take on fighting methods, and had a style which i saw to be a bit more realistic than some others. More of what a man can actually do as opposed to what he should do. Even though we all know there is no such thing as a superior style, only a superior fighter.

Although it was very self-promoted in its presentation. I did enjoy myself. I wanted to see if any of you had seen/heard or done Keysi Fighting Method. And what you thought.[/quote]

Ok in respect to you posting this thread:

My muay thai coach told me about Keysi and after watching a few clips of it,I must say it looks to have its uses for close quarters self defense with the elbows and such.

I’m not so sure about leading in with your head…but I guess in real deal situation seconds are vital…and you just have to do what is necessary.

The first thing that came to mind was the last fight scene at the end of Mission Impossible III.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
bullshit after bullshit…more bullshit…diarrhea…dehydration.

[/quote]

So,what is your take on Keysi fighting method??