Keyser's V-Diet Blog

Right, got my delivery of Metabolic Drive and Surge this morning so I’ll be starting first thing tomorrow so I guess tonight is baggie night!

I opened up the Metabolic Drive (Vanilla) and Surge (Original) and I have to say they both smell pretty damn good, although I guess the proof of the pudding will most definately be in the eating (or not!).

Just a quickie though, I know how many calories I need to be taking in and have calculated the number of scoops of protein I’ll be taking, but how many fish oil caps were you guys taking and is there a minimum amount of carbs I should be taking in on non-training days?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I just thought I’d say as well that I’m not just relying on the scales to track progress, I’ll also be taking measurements tonight as well as taking a few pics so that I can track it more accurately.

Being a fellow brit where did you get your supps from as the cheapest Metabolic Drive I can find is ?32 a tub. It really does work out to be really expensive! I would still take 20 fish oil tablets a day on non training days only. Spread them over your 5 shakes! Hope this helps.

I got it from Affordable Supplements and it was at the prices you quoted which is annoying as it’s cheap as hell in the US.

What I did as well though was have a Casein/Whey Isolate blend made at MyProtein which has made it a hell of a lot cheaper, so I’ll be having half Metabolic Drive/half of the Casein/Whey blend in each shake.

Someone on here pointed me in the direction of West-Star-Supplements.com which has HOT-ROX Extreme for ?32.

[quote]Keyser Soze wrote:
I got it from Affordable Supplements and it was at the prices you quoted which is annoying as it’s cheap as hell in the US.

What I did as well though was have a Casein/Whey Isolate blend made at MyProtein which has made it a hell of a lot cheaper, so I’ll be having half Metabolic Drive/half of the Casein/Whey blend in each shake.

Someone on here pointed me in the direction of West-Star-Supplements.com which has HOT-ROX Extreme for ?32.[/quote]

Post your diet for training and off-training days and see if it stands up for critique… High quality and adequate fats are critical for this diet to succeed…

OK, I’ve just taken my measurements and things are worse than I thought.

When I weighed myself this morning I was 191 lbs.

No shock there, I’ve gradually been working my way down from 225 lbs.

What I wasn’t prepared for were my measurements:

Height: 6ft
Calf: 16"
Thigh: 24"
Waist: 36"
Stomach: 37"
Chest: 43"
Shoulders: 47"
Arms: 14"

I guess that means I’m now in the realms of skinny-fat.

Life’s a bitch.

Right this is my intake which is up for critique, any and all advice on this is most definately welcome.

I’ve got my calcs as follows:

Non-Workout Day
(10.2 x 191 lbs + 879) x 0.50
= 1,400 to 1,500 cals per day

Workout Day
(10.2 x 191 lbs +879) x 0.60
= 1,700 to 1,800 cals per day

Basically my daily intake will be this:

Non-Workout Day
10 scoops Metabolic Drive = 1,100 cals
4 tbsps milled flax seeds = 196 cals
21 fish oil capsules = 200 cals
1 tsp psyllium husk for extra fibre
Total per day = 1,496 cals

Workout Day
10 scoops Metabolic Drive = 1,100 cals
6 tbsps milled flax seeds = 294 cals
3 scoops Surge = 340 cals
1 tsp psyllium husk for extra fibre
Total per day = 1,734 cals

My macronutrients breakdown as follows:

Non-Workout Day
208g protein
41g fat
40g carbs

Workout Day
237g protein
26g fat
86g carbs

If you see anything wrong, please let me know.

Thanks and sorry for the long post,

Chris

Fats look low, I’d drop 2 scoops of MD on your workout day and add some more fat into it…

Otherwise, you’re chemically castrating yourself. You need as many hormones as you can muster on this diet.

Thanks Bitenose I’ll switch the Metabolic Drive for some more fats.

Just started my new workout.

Feeling like you’re gonna puke is a sure sign of a good workout.

I agree with Bitenose - Fats are way too low on Workout days.

I varied my macros by having 42g of Metabolic Drive per shake on workout days rather than the 49g that I was getting on Non-workout.

You’re going to be getting extra protein on workout days from Surge, so this allows you to factor that in. You can then top your kcals up with much needed fat. A lot of people have done this by adding Natural Peanut Butter to their diet it seems.

I’ll lay off the peanut butter and use the last of my Udos Choice and then switch to fish oil capsules once that has gone.

Cheers for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Well shit, I have 26g of fat on my training days. I’ll drop two scoops and add some fat and check my progress too.

[quote]Keyser Soze wrote:
Thanks Bitenose I’ll switch the Metabolic Drive for some more fats.

Just started my new workout.

Feeling like you’re gonna puke is a sure sign of a good workout.
[/quote]

You shouldn’t be ready to puke, you’ll just regret it later. I suggest you try something like the AB split and cut back on the volume.

I’ve got a cold so I think that’s the reason for feeling like I was gonna puke.

Well, today was day one and it’s gone pretty well.

I’ve got one more shake to take before bed and so far I’ve had to sit through my boss eating KFC and my girlfriend eating an omelette and it really hasn’t bothered me.

I’m feeling a bit queasy though as I’m finding the MD a touch sweet, although that may well be because I don’t really eat sweet foods. I think the fact I prefer savoury stuff will be the hardest part for me.

Anyway, so far so good.

The only problem I have now will be resisting weighing myself for a week!

Well, starting day 2 and this bitch of a cold still isn’t going anywhere.

The silver lining on this particular cloud is that my delivery of HOT-ROX Extreme arrived this morning.

The company I ordered it from sent it 7 days late which I was pretty pissed about, but the idiots put 2 tubs in the parcel instead of the 1 tub I paid for.

Suckers.

you have access to some greens+? that stuff does wonders for me when a cold creeps up

I can’t afford another 30 pounds for supps this month so no Greens+ for me.

The HOT-ROX seem to have perked me up a hell of a lot though, I certainly feel a damn sight better than I did before taking them.

OK, day 4 for me now.

Good workout on day 2, nothing more to report on that score other than that my cold has finally gone.

Day 3 was an absolute bitch, I spent all day feeling as though I was gonna puke up my previous shake and was getting pretty depressed at the thought of having to down my next shake.

Today is better though, I’m getting used to the HOT-ROX Extreme and starting to get used to all the shakes, although I’m still finding them too sweet.

I hope everyone else doing this is getting on ok.