Kevin Ware BBall Injury

Was anybody watching that Louisville game today and see Kevin Ware’s compound fracture on his leg? Talk about a brutal injury.

Yeah turned on the game and everyone was crying, knew something bad happened. Easily the most gruesome sports injury in recent memory since it was an open fracture.

That was the nastiest thing I have ever seen on a bball court! He is a great player too, hopefully he can recover. GO CARDS!!

Christ

Easily one of the sickest things I’ve seen happen in basketball.

That just straight up snapped.

I can’t watch these kind of things…makes me feel like I’m going to break a leg somehow.

I’ll wait for the animated gif of it.

Yeah it’s pretty bad. Looked worse than the famous Joe Theisman leg break and Willis McGahee severe knee injury.

This worse IMO

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This worse IMO[/quote]
It’s worse from a structural POV because he fucked up all his ligaments, but cmon, we saw 4 inches of this dude’s shin bone.

Good news is he’s up and about - http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/553046_10151497997406773_1838303858_n.jpg

I saw it live, and just thought to myself, I hope he is able to play again. It is going to take a lot of physical therapy, and hopefully he has not seen the end of his career.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This worse IMO[/quote]
It’s worse from a structural POV because he fucked up all his ligaments, but cmon, we saw 4 inches of this dude’s shin bone.

[/quote]
I have seen a lot of bones PB but to the non-medical I can see this being worse

Imgur

Probably the worst injury ive ever seen in a sporting event. People tearing their knee’s and getting teeth knocked is bad, but this was on another level of gruesome; one of those things i sincerely wish i could un-see.

Derek was blocked. Even though he gave PX a puppy.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
http://imgur.com/6gWpoez[/quote]

I’ve played ball and been around the game off-and-on for close to 20 years and I’ve never seen anything even remotely close to that. That is the definition of “freak accident”. I hope the kid’s alright.

its one of those looks worse than it is

don’t get me wrong, it’s bad but it could be worse. A lot of times less conspicuous looking injuries can be career ending.

I.e. meniscus acl, pcl

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

don’t get me wrong, it’s bad but it could be worse. A lot of times less conspicuous looking injuries can be career ending.

I.e. meniscus acl, pcl[/quote]

I don’t think we’re defining “worse” in the same way.

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

I.e. meniscus acl, pcl[/quote]
Did you not click on the picture Derek posted? That is probably the worst looking sports injury I have seen. It might not be the worst in terms of how long he will be out or possible career ending. From what I understand he probably won’t be able to play for about a year which doesn’t seem that bad after looking at that picture, haha.

UL fan checking in. Definitely the most gruesome injury I’ve ever seen, though at the end of the day he’s going to be fine. Assuming no infection, we’re talking about a broken bone. Knowing him, he’ll be back in under a year better physically than he was, so I don’t think “career-ending” should even cross anyone’s mind.

In terms of devastating injuries, this wasn’t close to Shaun Livingston or even Nerlens Noel, though. A broken bone is a lot more straight forward than a blown knee.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
UL fan checking in. Definitely the most gruesome injury I’ve ever seen, though at the end of the day he’s going to be fine. Assuming no infection, we’re talking about a broken bone. Knowing him, he’ll be back in under a year better physically than he was, so I don’t think “career-ending” should even cross anyone’s mind.

In terms of devastating injuries, this wasn’t close to Shaun Livingston or even Nerlens Noel, though. A broken bone is a lot more straight forward than a blown knee.[/quote]

Shaun Livingston’s blowout was probably the worst I’ve seen from a damage done standpoint. Ware’s is hands down the most gruesome.