Kevin Trudeau

Does anyone have an opinion on this guy?
I’ve been looking through one of his books and he is scaring me to death!

He’s a charlatan.

He spent some time in prison on mail fraud charges.

Huckster.

Judging from what Wikipedia has on this guy, I have to agree with Nephorm.

Kevin Trudeau has been on 60 Minutes interviewed and called out on all his books and bogus facts.

The man is an L. Ron Hubbard of the health industry

Haha, for a sec, I thought we were talking about Garry Trudeau. Wrong Trudeau.

I’ve seen this guy’s commercials before, and wondered why great remedies and such were only offered after midnight on info-mercials. His past kinda brings that to light.

good question…glad someone brought it up .

I read two of his books , so I know what you mean about being “spooked” .

Personally , I believe his underlying message to be correct . You live in the U.S. …right ? notice anything in the last 20 years or so ? what makes this nation hum ? Money and Oil;except on holidays , then its Oil and Money . we call it Capitalism . do I believe that every publicly traded corporations main objective is to increase profits (despite their customer’s wants and needs) ? I sure do .

watch t.v. regularily ? since I read his books , I began noticing a few things . a whole ass-load of drug commercials !! just heard one as I typed this ! and really , what was the last disease to be cured ??..Polio…50 years ago ?
ever watch the news ? the last few years , sometime in Sept or Oct , the news media hypes up this bullshit about a flu-shot shortage . did you ever meet someone who couldnt get his flu-shot because of the shortage ? I havent…because there’s no such shortage . did you ever meet someone who gets their flu-shot and still gets sick ?? bet ya have . ( on a personal note , I think that flu-shots are one of the biggest scams of all time ).
do I believe Drug Companies have an enormous influence over the Media ? yup .

ever look around when out in public ? I see flabby , out of shape folks who cant cut their lawn or shovel the snow without sitting their asses on top of some type of machine . is this the doings of the food companies ? partly…a lot of that is our obscene obsession with doing things the easiest way. whether that being cooking supper ( as in popping in t.v. dinners for the kids) or tending to maintenance issues on the car ( as in taking it to the garage for an oil change) . every so-called modern improvement has made our lives physically easier , giving us more liesure time . time for what , you ask ? to sit and do nothing , thats what . we walk for 30 minutes on a treadmill and call it “excersize” ;thats just sad . so as long as we continue eating garbage , Food Company will continue putting it in a box for us .so , do I believe Food Companies load their boxes with crap that eats away at our bodies ? yup…
do I believe the Government is going out of their way to stop that from happeneing ? Nope . Voters dont elect officials…Lobbyist groups elect Officials . do Voters contribute mucho dinero to a politicians campaign ? only if they’re part of a "special interest group "…a.k.a. Lobbyist . Food Industry carries a little weight ( excuse pun here) in the political arena .

now , about Mr Trudeau himself . he is trying to sell a product…make no mistake . he wants the readers of his book to join his Internet Community…for a fee . his books are actually advertisements for his Internet products . without the I-site , there would be no books . similar to T-Nation…a site funded/sponsored by Biotest . T-Nation is AT THE VERY LEAST an advertisement for Biotest products . without Biotest , there would be no T-Nation . this again is called Capitalism

remember…its about the money ( this I already knew)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/28/earlyshow/leisure/books/main887681.shtml

heres a link for ya all.

of course the Govt and the Med guys are bashin him . they were the targets of his attack . they should shut the fuck up and let him do his thing ; it’s not like its the first time bogus infomercials have aired . you dont hear anything being done about bullshit excersize appliances being sold on infomercials ; even when they are touted as " being safer than sit-ups" .

did any of you guys actually read the book ?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
He’s a charlatan.[/quote]

a master charlatan.

What does any of the above have to do with magnetic toe rings and all the other garbage he scams sick old ladies into buying?

He’s a con artist and a piece of shit. Spent time in prison for mail fraud. His books are shit.

His latest thing is the IPT a pro pool league that in just one year already has problems paying winnings on its tournamants. Wonder where all the TV money went?

What an asshole.

And the idea that there are “miracle cures” that “they” don’t want you to know about is right up there with the “80 mpg cars” that run on water - or was it fairy dust?

All this kind of shit ignore two basic facts of reality:

The profit motive - if these cures existed ,they would be a gold mine. No way they wouldn’t be exploited.

Human nature - I think it was Ben Franklin who said “Three men can keep a secret if two of them are dead.”

[quote]hankr wrote:
Human nature - I think it was Ben Franklin who said “Three men can keep a secret if two of them are dead.”

[/quote]

So true. I have said it a lot, but if something works, word will spread, and it will be common knowledge in a short period of time.

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
What does any of the above have to do with magnetic toe rings and all the other garbage he scams sick old ladies into buying?
[/quote]

not sure…I didnt get the toe-ring:D

seriously though…I just agree with a few of theories ; I didnt say the guy was up for sainthood .

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
Jack_Dempsey wrote:

not sure…I didnt get the toe-ring:D

seriously though…I just agree with a few of theories ; I didnt say the guy was up for sainthood .
[/quote]

In prison he was somebodies bitch.

[quote]lonewolf1952 wrote:

[/quote]

“I’m someone’s bitch!!”

so once again…

anyone besides the OP read the book ?

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
lonewolf1952 wrote:

“I’m someone’s bitch!!”[/quote]

PGA’s???

This guy deserves to get his ass kicked. my best friends mom is in a nursing home after having a brain tumor removed and she spent 3 months trying his shit and now looks like she will be there for the rest of her life because she didn’t get immediate aftercare.

Enough already!!! WTF is a Charlatan? (the resident idiot needs a defintion)