Kevin Levrone.. OMG!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
bicepenvy wrote:
Rattler wrote:
I still don’t know why people are pissed at this, he doesn’t even look that bad. He’s still got muscle on him, and he’s just living life comfortably. He doesn’t have to impress people anymore, he’s actually one of those people who can say at the gym “I used to be massive” and he has a million pictures to prove it.

So much for bb’ing being a lifestyle, guess your organs can’t take chemicals forever.

Case in point.[/quote]

Where are all these dumb ass people coming from lately? Holy shit.

Dadij wrote:
pro-a-ggression, why disappointed?
He is big. Maybe not like he was but when you go off the juice and stop training like crazy this is what you get.

He lost that size ON PURPOSE. That means he actively tried to lose a ton of muscle so he didn’t get typecast as a “big guy” in any movie roles he was trying to get.

Some of the responses in this thread make me wonder if this is understood.[/quote]

really? hm, I had no idea. So you know for sure he literally tried to lose a lot of size for roles?

I would think he’d want to still be really lean though, I guess it’s good compared to most 45 year olds you see

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Dadij wrote:
pro-a-ggression, why disappointed?
He is big. Maybe not like he was but when you go off the juice and stop training like crazy this is what you get.

He lost that size ON PURPOSE. That means he actively tried to lose a ton of muscle so he didn’t get typecast as a “big guy” in any movie roles he was trying to get.

Some of the responses in this thread make me wonder if this is understood.

really? hm, I had no idea. So you know for sure he literally tried to lose a lot of size for roles?

I would think he’d want to still be really lean though, I guess it’s good compared to most 45 year olds you see [/quote]

You do realize he has been doing this for several years now, right?

I guess this is what happens when people start judging bodybuilding from the outside while acting like all of those magazines and other sources of info should be avoided.

Levrone has made no secret of why he lost the weight he did.

Further, why would anyone think that happened by accident?

He should have kept the size and played in super-hero movies. If nothing else, it would stop people from calling Hugh Jackman “jacked” :slight_smile:

The first thought that went through my head when I saw Levrone was: “Damn, those arms look like they belong to a Marvel character.”

The OP is dissapointed because he does not yet realise what this sport is really about.

Besides, even being big and or muscular does get played out for many people as they age. There comes a time for everyone in their life to make a change and change directions. I like Kevin, and always did. Now i like him even more. He has an interesting mind and disposition. Seemingly similar to Arnold.

Somehow i can never see paul dillet or rhul acting in making fun of themselves like that.

All I care to add is that video was fucking hilarious. Hahaha. Nice.

I guess this is what happens when people start judging bodybuilding from the outside while acting like all of those magazines and other sources of info should be avoided.

Further, why would anyone think that happened by accident? [/quote]

I don’t really follow most bodybuilders. I like it, I just don’t read much about their lives.

Also I didn’t think it happened on accident, just that he got to a point where he didn’t care to keep much size so he stopped working as hard to stay big/lean.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I don’t really follow most bodybuilders. I like it, I just don’t read much about their lives.

Also I didn’t think it happened on accident, just that he got to a point where he didn’t care to keep much size so he stopped working as hard to stay big/lean. [/quote]

Someone as big as he was would doubtfully drop THAT much weight even if that did stop lifting regularly (which he didn’t). The responses acting as if that is what happened seemed to imply that he only looked big previously because of steroids. That is retarded. He claimed to be off the majority of the year when he was competing and he still maintained a physique well above anyone on this site before he started contest prep.

Some people seem to enjoy being the first to yell out “all drugs” to these guys. I guess it makes them feel as if they could do the same.

pumped340 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Also I didn’t think it happened on accident, just that he got to a point where he didn’t care to keep much size so he stopped working as hard to stay big/lean.

Someone as big as he was would doubtfully drop THAT much weight even if that did stop lifting regularly (which he didn’t). The responses acting as if that is what happened seemed to imply that he only looked big previously because of steroids. That is retarded. He claimed to be off the majority of the year when he was competing and he still maintained a physique well above anyone on this site before he started contest prep.

Some people seem to enjoy being the first to yell out “all drugs” to these guys. I guess it makes them feel as if they could do the same.[/quote]

I get what you mean, it’s not like they didn’t bust their ass…the drugs just help to make a good body better. It’s not like it would alone make someone who naturally looks like he did in the video into someone who looked like he used to.

My comment was just because I didn’t know there was a reason behind it.

Don’t take away from this mans accomplishments.

Go to 2:30 in this video. That’s my favorite Levrone vid.

that video is hilarious… its weird seein him like that…

What I’d like to see is him back training for a few months without gear and then watch what happens when he goes back on anabolics.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

Sorry for the Newb question, but how far out is he in that video would you guys say?

Two weeks, three weeks, etc?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

Sorry for the Newb question, but how far out is he in that video would you guys say?

Two weeks, three weeks, etc? [/quote]

Two weeks out.

There was an interesting link to a thread over on bb.com about Tom Prince’s precontest cycle for the 2001 NOC.

In the thread he said he never used anything in the offseason; just before the actual show to maintain size. And it wasn’t a whole lot to begin with. Certainly nothing like the huge amounts supposedly everyone uses year-round.

In any case, Levrone was famous for gaining weight DURING precontest prep. Very few guys can do that successfully even with a boatload of drugs.

Levrone could take a year off from acting and come back and win the O, imo. The lineup’s exciting but competition’s not as stiff as in the late 90’s.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:

Levrone could take a year off from acting and come back and win the O, imo. The lineup’s exciting but competition’s not as stiff as in the late 90’s.[/quote]

Are you exaggerating? Is it possible for him to actually gain 100 pounds of muscle in less then a year? I know he has muscle memory and genetics and his work ethic + his ‘supps’(im not putting down roids im just saying what he has to take to get back to his HOOOGE size).

But i don’t think he can gain that much in a year he looks like he as at 190lbs give or take 10lbs. He would need to gain abotu 100lbs in a year i can see 50lbs but 100 thats crazy.

[quote]optheta wrote:
LUEshi wrote:

Levrone could take a year off from acting and come back and win the O, imo. The lineup’s exciting but competition’s not as stiff as in the late 90’s.

Are you exaggerating? Is it possible for him to actually gain 100 pounds of muscle in less then a year? I know he has muscle memory and genetics and his work ethic + his ‘supps’(im not putting down roids im just saying what he has to take to get back to his HOOOGE size). But i don’t think he can gain that much in a year he looks like he as at 190lbs give or take 10lbs. He would need to gain abotu 100lbs in a year i can see 50lbs but 100 thats crazy.[/quote]

He is currently in better shape than that vid. He has been doing ads for supplements in some of the mags lately at his new lighter weight and he is in great shape.

It would be a strain to gain that much in one year, but yes, I do believe it is possible for him if he felt like throwing down several pounds of beef every two hours for months on end.

Comfortable? No.

Possible? For him, yeah.

optheta wrote:
LUEshi wrote:

Are you exaggerating? Is it possible for him to actually gain 100 pounds of muscle in less then a year? I know he has muscle memory and genetics and his work ethic + his ‘supps’(im not putting down roids im just saying what he has to take to get back to his HOOOGE size). But i don’t think he can gain that much in a year he looks like he as at 190lbs give or take 10lbs. He would need to gain abotu 100lbs in a year i can see 50lbs but 100 thats crazy.

He is currently in better shape than that vid. He has been doing ads for supplements in some of the mags lately at his new lighter weight and he is in great shape.

It would be a strain to gain that much in one year, but yes, I do believe it is possible for him if he felt like throwing down several pounds of beef every two hours for months on end.

Comfortable? No.

Possible? For him, yeah.[/quote]

hah yah for sure. His story was always so cool. He’s always dropped like 30-40 lbs in the off season. I have read that both his parents died from cancer so dropping weight was just a lifestyle decision he made to remain healthy. Then he’d gain it all back in a 12 week precontest “diet”. The man is insane.

Idolizing the pros to such an extent that if they do anything that deviates from idolater’s goal (which is to be like their idol), the knee-jerk reaction is extreme disappointment.

Understandable. But just because something is understandable, it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

The pros are human beings too. Their goals change over time. Just cause Levrone is not huge now doesn’t take anything away from his accomplishments. Nor does it mean that one can’t look up to him anymore because he does not look like what he used to be in his prime.

Personally, I think that people should have more faith in themselves to know that if they are willing to sacrifice and do what it takes to achieve their goals, they will eventually achieve them.

Looking up to the pros is great for inspiration and knowledge but to take it to the level of worship is not really wise.

OP, I’m not attacking you. Just my two cents.

[/quote]

Do you have a link to any current pictures of him?