T Nation

Kevin Levrone.. OMG!

I was goin to post this in my previous thread but i think this definately deserves its own thread:

Im extremely disappointed. WTF!

That is all.

Did you think he was still big? He hasn’t been big for years. At least he’s not fat. What was that show?

Pff. That’s been posted NUMEROUS times on these forums.

Are you still shocked and disappointed that Led Zeppelin broke up?

lol

Seriously though… give the guy a break. Should any retired athlete be expected to be in top form all the time?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Pff. That’s been posted NUMEROUS times on these forums.

[/quote]

x2 lol.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

wait WHAAAT?!

Forget the fact that being as big as he was puts a damn huge strain on your joints, your cardiovascular system and creates all sorts of inconveniences, I’m sure he’s very happy about not having to take as many drugs as he did for so long. Luckily the guy appears happy, and healthy, and is still around to receive the admiration that is due him.

(But I still understand the disappointment -lol)

S

seen it before but watching it again you can see that levrone is a funny dude. i’m sure he wishes he was still close to his peak condition but as Stu mentioned that type of size and regimen necessary to maintain such condition is taxing.

It’s like seeing Clark Kent instead of Superman but give that guy eight to twelve weeks and he is better than 95% of the folks on this board.

no i didnt realise he had been so small for so long thus didnt no this thread had been done before :frowning: funny no. good yes that he can poke fun at himself and have fun. yes looks healthy. no i dont think people should have to maintain what they previously achieved all the time. yes disappointed cos he was awesome.

end thread :slight_smile:

damn that’s crazy

I know you definitely shouldn’t expect them to keep their size (even though some seem to do so pretty well) but that’s crazy. He’s only 45 years old, that’s not even that old for bodybuilding and he looks like an average guy who works out

I still don’t know why people are pissed at this, he doesn’t even look that bad. He’s still got muscle on him, and he’s just living life comfortably. He doesn’t have to impress people anymore, he’s actually one of those people who can say at the gym “I used to be massive” and he has a million pictures to prove it.

Well first off i like his sense of humor. Hes a funny guy. Second he always aspired to do artistic things. He had or still has a band, plays instruments and sings.

Bodybuilding for him is a past time.

It also shows you that alot of pros are pros because of their genetics. Work Ethic aside, genetics are where it’s at. Some of them have great genetics to make them extreme responders to Anabolics. He’s a good example. He could be back in extreme shape in 6 months of he wanted to.

You have to see this sport for what it is. Hard working Genetically gifted people that are also gifted with responding to AS extremely well.

pro-a-ggression, why disappointed?
He is big. Maybe not like he was but when you go off the juice and stop training like crazy this is what you get.

Imagine your neighbor going from that to Kevin contest shape in 6 months.

[quote]Dadij wrote:
He is big. Maybe not like he was but when you go off the juice and stop training like crazy this is what you get.[/quote]

He lost that size ON PURPOSE. That means he actively tried to lose a ton of muscle so he didn’t get typecast as a “big guy” in any movie roles he was trying to get.

Some of the responses in this thread make me wonder if this is understood.

I thought that was hilarious.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
I still don’t know why people are pissed at this, he doesn’t even look that bad. He’s still got muscle on him, and he’s just living life comfortably. He doesn’t have to impress people anymore, he’s actually one of those people who can say at the gym “I used to be massive” and he has a million pictures to prove it.[/quote]

So much for bb’ing being a lifestyle, guess your organs can’t take chemicals forever.

Man, first the Fat Boys break up, then this?

[quote]bicepenvy wrote:
Rattler wrote:
I still don’t know why people are pissed at this, he doesn’t even look that bad. He’s still got muscle on him, and he’s just living life comfortably. He doesn’t have to impress people anymore, he’s actually one of those people who can say at the gym “I used to be massive” and he has a million pictures to prove it.

So much for bb’ing being a lifestyle, guess your organs can’t take chemicals forever.[/quote]

Case in point.

[quote]Dadij wrote:
He is big. Maybe not like he was but when you go off the juice and stop training like crazy this is what you get.[/quote]

lol @ this response.

[quote]bicepenvy wrote:
Rattler wrote:

So much for bb’ing being a lifestyle, guess your organs can’t take chemicals forever.[/quote]

big spokesman for the bodybuilding lifestyle right here