T Nation

Kettleneticqs LOL!

Okay, the KB fad has officially jumped the shark.

?

?

http://www.getkbells.com/product/slimandtone.do?gcid=S12579x053&keyword=kettlenetics

Well if it goes this way, more people may actually start lifting weights.

GASP

A 4lb ‘kettlebell’. Really?

Yeah, that’s getting people into ‘weightlifting’.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
A 4lb ‘kettlebell’. Really?

Yeah, that’s getting people into ‘weightlifting’.[/quote]

Ah, I missed that part.

LOL!

and it’s designed for women

let me guess because “we don’t want to get buff, we just want to be toned”

Seriously how much can you really do with a 4 lb kb and expect to get results with it? Its tantamount to the proverbial 2.5 lb pink dumbbell you see women in the gym waving around because we all know how successful using those is in whole body transformations.

“learn about the science” of this “all new system”

FFS.

First pilates, then bosu balls, now this garbage.

sigh

The above is pathetic. The sad part about this is that I think kettlebells actually have a place for some people. My wife for example does a kettlebell class twice a week with an excellent trainer. However, she only weighs about 120 lbs and uses a 25 lb kettlebell.

I’m not knocking KBs, just this redonkulous system.

Protip to women working out: if you’re enjoying your workout you’re not trying hard enough

man this is sad, real kettlebell workouts are very hard if your using heavy ones. I did a few workouts with some semi heavy one which was like 70lbs, and it was tough hit my glutes very hard. I did all sorts of weird things with the guy I knew who used them a lot. Donnie thompson uses kettelbells and well his success speaks for itself.

she mustve been a Ballys instructor.

you should see the shit these miserable sons of bitches have people doing. theres really a guy who flips a bosu ball over and makes girls do pushups on it…or bodyweight squats.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
Protip to women working out: if you’re enjoying your workout you’re not trying hard enough[/quote]

I think it would be hard to make progress if you were constantly unhappy.

I saw this infomercial on Comedy Central this morning getting ready for work.

I dropped my coffee cup like Chaz Palmentari when he figures out Kevin Spacey is Keizer Souze.

When I awoke I remembered having dreams of firm buns and toned abs in just 15 minutes a day. IT WAS SO EASY!!!

(Yeah - I am bored here on Fridays too)

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
Protip to women working out: if you’re enjoying your workout you’re not trying hard enough[/quote]

I understand the sentiment but I disagree. I enjoy my workouts. I sweat a lot, it hurts pretty bad and if I am lucky I scrape myself and bleed. One womans pain is another mans pleasure.

That is what my GF thinks. At least that is what she is telling me if I was listening.