T Nation

Kettlebells

Does anyone know of a cheap quality store to buy kettlebells online or in or around florida?

Muscledriver.com has the cheapest I’ve seen so far.

I wanna start training with them but they pretty damn expensive.

Search for Kettlestacks and see if you want to go in that direction.

Those look really cool. And a lot cheaper. Thanks

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Search for Kettlestacks and see if you want to go in that direction.[/quote]

Use more 5# plates rather than less 10#. The 10# smack into your forearm harder than the 5#. Regular KB don’t hit hard at all because of the weight distribution.

-chris

kettlebells are the most over rated equipment. if you dont have them f it. Theres other more important things to spend money on that would help your training like a sled, bands, chains, SSB, food etc…

[quote]asskiker wrote:
kettlebells are the most over rated equipment. if you dont have them f it. Theres other more important things to spend money on that would help your training like a sled, bands, chains, SSB, food etc…[/quote]

Well, what if you have bands, chains, a sled, and a SSB already?

I don’t think the stacks look very sturdy.

After trying a real kettlebell out, I think they do have value in one’s training. For #1, comparing a 10lb db and kettlebell, the kettlebell feels more dense due to the weight design being down from from the handle and not at the sides.

I would recommend them to people who want something different than dumbbells, or those who are interested in mainly snatches, clean and jerks, swings, etc… I feel those are where the kbs really shine.

Can you do most exercises with dbs that you can with kbs? In majority of cases, yes, but you will have to change your grip and sometimes the way you hold the db as opposed to the db.

Both kbs and dbs have value in training, but I would be more inclined to have more kbs over dbs due to their slimmer design and better function.

I haven’t tried the kb stacks, but I don’t think those would be a great choice due to the liability and potential hazard of plates banging around and possibly coming loose.

I know mike mahler said these u.s. kettlebells are a good choice for those with limited space:
http://www.uskettlebells.com

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:
asskiker wrote:
kettlebells are the most over rated equipment. if you dont have them f it. Theres other more important things to spend money on that would help your training like a sled, bands, chains, SSB, food etc…

[/quote]

Buy a GHR, fat bar, reverse hyper, and some other shit, having all that would cost alot so if you can afford it buy it, the last thing on my list of equipment to buy for is kettlebells, but thats my opinion. If I had access to them I would use them some were in the yearly traning cycle but I can live with out them.

[quote]asskiker wrote:
Florida Titan wrote:
asskiker wrote:

Buy a GHR, fat bar, reverse hyper, and some other shit, having all that would cost alot so if you can afford it buy it, the last thing on my list of equipment to buy for is kettlebells, but thats my opinion. If I had access to them I would use them some were in the yearly traning cycle but I can live with out them. [/quote]

Haha. I train in at a PL gym. I want something to train with while at the house. I’m going to purchase blast straps in the next couple of days also.