Kettlebells For Conditioning

Hey Guys,

I just realized that I haven’t seen any posts whatsoever on kettlebells lately. I just reverted back to them for some conditioning and fat loss purposes, and MAN have I forgotten how intense those sessions can be.

When those of you who use kettlebells in your training, do you find that if you take a break for them or fall out of your normal ‘shape’ that those circuits just kick your ass? I think I know the answer, but is the only way to effectively get a relatively voluminous workout in with the k-bell circuits is to just work to increase volume/decrease rest time/decrease time it takes to do the same amount of work? Just making sure I’m not alone…

Kyle

Yeah, I hear ya.

Try the Renegade Man Maker for 25 reps or do a 15 minute EDT PR Zone.

Be sure to have 911 on standby.

HEll yeah man, Kettlebells can really take it out of you. When I am not doing KB’s i am usually doing the 20 rep squat routine or shite loads of dead. keeps the contitioning level close enough but high reps stuff has taken a back seat.

Simon

Atreides,
I’ve been very interested in how difficult those Man-Makers are after watching Mahler’s Aggressive Strength DVD. Have you ever tried the Mahler Body Blasters in a session?

Simon Forsyth,
What kind of k-bell circuits have you seen as an RKC? It seems like some people like the whole training solely on k-bells, and that sort of thing ain’t my bag, baby. I like using k-bells as a facet of my training, and know that some very effective circuits are out there… I just don’t know what they are. Have any ideas?

Kyle

[quote]Upstate Lifter wrote:
Atreides,
I’ve been very interested in how difficult those Man-Makers are after watching Mahler’s Aggressive Strength DVD. Have you ever tried the Mahler Body Blasters in a session?

Simon Forsyth,
What kind of k-bell circuits have you seen as an RKC? It seems like some people like the whole training solely on k-bells, and that sort of thing ain’t my bag, baby. I like using k-bells as a facet of my training, and know that some very effective circuits are out there… I just don’t know what they are. Have any ideas?

Kyle[/quote]

Kyle,
I have tried all of mikes drill and they are a blast, give them a go. THe normal person in me love to do barbell work, yet the mutant in me sometimes wont listen and I actually do a lot of work with Kettelbells.

Having said that I havent seen all that many circuits that I would overly recommend I have written up a few simple one for clients based on their goals but thats is circuits in the pure form/name.

Steve maxwell is the one to talk to about that. Yet circuit training doesnt have to be one drill afte rthe other you could get great strength gaining by doing multipul drills but adding a drill in between every other drill for example.

KB military press
PISTOLS
Windmills
PISTOSL
Double Swings
PISTOLS
Turkish Get-ups.

Repeat that as many times as possibletrying to add another circuit every other session. this way you can focus on you weak point. which is one this i have believed in for as long as I have been lifting weight. work the weakpoint until it becomes a strong point and then find another weak link.

The more simple a circuit is the more effective it is, I hate to whatch the clock with circuits yet I love to do it when I am doing EDT (Please Explain). let me know what your goals are what your current routine looks like and post that in a new thread so I can take a look and try an help you out.

Simon