Kettlebell Sport for Strongman

Hey everyone, had my friend from Edmonton come down this week to teach a course on Kettlebell Sport. I’m going to be using it to supplement my strongman training. It’s heavily based on technique and controlled breathing, obviously technique is a big part of strongman but breathing control is often overlooked and is essential in many of carrying events (super yoke, conans wheel etc). Here’s the first part of a series I’m putting on my youtube channel about how to get started. I’ll be releasing a new one every week.

Enjoy!

Part 2

Part 2

Pt 2

Part 3, enjoy!

First of all, are you a strongman? And second, male or female?

Very, Very informative! I am also curious as to wether the speaker is a he or a she (not meaning to offend, I would be able to tell if it was in person but video quality is not awesome)

shes a woman

@AkeViking I am a man, and I compete in Strongman and own a strongman/Oly lifting/kettlebell gym in Calgary, Canada. I am not the person in the video

@Bob-P Thanks man. Yes, she’s a woman, she is a diehard athlete, having held powerlifting records, competed in wrestling, kickboxing, kettlebell sport and currently one of Canada’s top BJJ female, having gone to worlds in U.A.E. Last year at age 40.

Here’s the gym in case you’re interested

Nice little gym! The only thing I can see wrong with it is maybe lack of lighting? and for cosmetics/longetivity of equipment I think wrapping the sides of the platforms in some painted steel (stops the edges getting worn down etc) and getting some more rubber matting for the floors and it would be great! good job so far!

@Bob-P: Thanks buddy, yeah we definitely need some work, we’re hoping to move to a new location in 3 months.

Here’s the 4th part of the series

@Bob-P: Thanks buddy, yeah we definitely need some work, we’re hoping to move to a new location in 3 months.

Here’s the 4th part of the series

Enjoying this series!

Nice series. Very helpful.

For all of you who enjoyed the series we are now launching a Virtual Kettlebell Sport club with Coach Misty. Group sessions will be conducted via Skype. For full details check out the site:

www.bellsofsteel.com/products/B.O.S.-Virtual-Kettlebell-Club.html