Ketotifin and PCT

I was doing some reading on the drug ketotifin and its possible place in bodybuilding. It appears that its main use was to inhibit the down regulation of beta receptors and there fore make clen and albuterol a drug that could be used for longer durations. However it also seems to have some other positive effects that could be very beneficial.

For one it has shown promise to increase insulin sensitivity at the muscular level. But even more impressive is its ability to lower levels of the cytokine Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha or TNF-alpha. This cytokine is catabolic in nature and leads to both lower test levels and IGF levels. For this purpose alone would the inclusion of Ketotifin during the taper period or even during conventional PCT prove beneficial?

It is rather inexpensive and available so I am considering giving it a try. So far my stasis period is going great and I am about to start my taper.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, experiences are highly sought after;)

Hey bro are we speaking of Ketofin?
I thought that was to keep receptors open and unsaturated to stims like “Clen”. If it is something else you are referring to than my humble apologies.

“Revolution is my name” Another great lifting tune.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I was doing some reading on the drug ketotifin and its possible place in bodybuilding. It appears that its main use was to inhibit the down regulation of beta receptors and there fore make clen and albuterol a drug that could be used for longer durations. However it also seems to have some other positive effects that could be very beneficial.

For one it has shown promise to increase insulin sensitivity at the muscular level. But even more impressive is its ability to lower levels of the cytokine Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha or TNF-alpha. This cytokine is catabolic in nature and leads to both lower test levels and IGF levels. For this purpose alone would the inclusion of Ketotifin during the taper period or even during conventional PCT prove beneficial?

It is rather inexpensive and available so I am considering giving it a try. So far my stasis period is going great and I am about to start my taper.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, experiences are highly sought after;)[/quote]

I wouldn’t bother. If potentially raised TNF-A levels worry you then drink some Green Tea, but really it’s not a problem during or after a cycle. Sure they’re typically raised with hypogonadism, but that doesn’t mean it is going to be raised post cycle, though likely it would - it still becomes irrelevant as it would be raised due to the low-testosterone levels and therefore return to normal as your testosterone does: and likely one would use PCT tools like SERMS or a taper and avoid the sudden crash in levels that may raise tnf-a.

Now even if and when they are raised it isn’t a big deal and worth taking that horrid stuff Ketotifen. Personally I find the stuff way too fatiguing and unpleasent to take. So given the fatigue factor that almost all experience let’s look at this: is it better to control some inflammation at the expense of energy and losing one’s drive and ability to train hard or is it better to maintain your energy and drive and possibly have a little extra soreness? Possibly is the key word. I see you line of thinking and like it though, but I just don’t think it would be a benefit in the end.

[quote]TheBeat2 wrote:
2thepain wrote:
I was doing some reading on the drug ketotifin and its possible place in bodybuilding. It appears that its main use was to inhibit the down regulation of beta receptors and there fore make clen and albuterol a drug that could be used for longer durations.

However it also seems to have some other positive effects that could be very beneficial.

For one it has shown promise to increase insulin sensitivity at the muscular level. But even more impressive is its ability to lower levels of the cytokine Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha or TNF-alpha.

This cytokine is catabolic in nature and leads to both lower test levels and IGF levels. For this purpose alone would the inclusion of Ketotifin during the taper period or even during conventional PCT prove beneficial?

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, experiences are highly sought after;)

I wouldn’t bother. If potentially raised TNF-A levels worry you then drink some Green Tea, but really it’s not a problem during or after a cycle.

Sure they’re typically raised with hypogonadism, but that doesn’t mean it is going to be raised post cycle, though likely it would - it still becomes irrelevant as it would be raised due to the low-testosterone levels and therefore return to normal as your testosterone does: and likely one would use PCT tools like SERMS or a taper and avoid the sudden crash in levels that may raise tnf-a.

Now even if and when they are raised it isn’t a big deal and worth taking that horrid stuff Ketotifen. Personally I find the stuff way too fatiguing and unpleasent to take.

So given the fatigue factor that almost all experience let’s look at this: is it better to control some inflammation at the expense of energy and losing one’s drive and ability to train hard or is it better to maintain your energy and drive and possibly have a little extra soreness?

Possibly is the key word. I see you line of thinking and like it though, but I just don’t think it would be a benefit in the end.

[/quote]

I am glad you responded with some first hand knowledge. It was the first time I had heard of it and the “possibilities” sounded to good to be true. After learning of the sides I will opt to stay my current course of taper with SERM.

Again thanks for response.

[quote]Randizo wrote:
Hey bro are we speaking of Ketofin?
I thought that was to keep receptors open and unsaturated to stims like “Clen”. If it is something else you are referring to than my humble apologies.

“Revolution is my name” Another great lifting tune.[/quote]

You are correct, its main use was to use alongside clen or albuterol for extended fat burning periods but I was interested in some of the others lesser known aspects of the drug. Which if I understand are mainly false and speculation. But yeah that’s the same drug.

“Revolution” was a good track but the whole 6th album was weak compared to their previous. “Walk” is my go to track for squat days.