T Nation

Keto vs the Anabolic Diet?

which is better? There technically the same because if your that low in carbs you’ll hit ketosis. The anabolic diet seems like a little bit of a less technical version where you dont follow a specific carb up like have a certain amount every day and right after your depletion workout also keto has a specific workout…if anyone can chime in thanks.

i have no experience on the anabolic diet, but i made incredible fat loss with ketogenic diets, as long as you gauge your strength level on the gym and don’t spend more than 8 weeks on ketosis(on my experience) you will be fine.

[quote]thomassj wrote:
which is better? There technically the same because if your that low in carbs you’ll hit ketosis. The anabolic diet seems like a little bit of a less technical version where you dont follow a specific carb up like have a certain amount every day and right after your depletion workout also keto has a specific workout…if anyone can chime in thanks.[/quote]

Firstly, The Anabolic Diet is not designed to be a ketogenic diet. The macros are not that of a traditional ketogenic diet, and ketosis is not a goal of The Anabolic Diet. Secondly, when you say ‘keto’, are you referring specifically to McDonald’s “The Ketogenic Diet”?

[quote]sctb wrote:

[quote]thomassj wrote:
which is better? There technically the same because if your that low in carbs you’ll hit ketosis. The anabolic diet seems like a little bit of a less technical version where you dont follow a specific carb up like have a certain amount every day and right after your depletion workout also keto has a specific workout…if anyone can chime in thanks.[/quote]

Firstly, The Anabolic Diet is not designed to be a ketogenic diet. The macros are not that of a traditional ketogenic diet, and ketosis is not a goal of The Anabolic Diet. Secondly, when you say ‘keto’, are you referring specifically to McDonald’s “The Ketogenic Diet”? [/quote]
Yes not bodyoedupus or however you spell it…if your that low in carbs you’ll hit ketosis

[quote]thomassj wrote:

[quote]sctb wrote:
Firstly, The Anabolic Diet is not designed to be a ketogenic diet. The macros are not that of a traditional ketogenic diet, and ketosis is not a goal of The Anabolic Diet. Secondly, when you say ‘keto’, are you referring specifically to McDonald’s “The Ketogenic Diet”? [/quote]
Yes not bodyoedupus or however you spell it…if your that low in carbs you’ll hit ketosis[/quote]

You should read The Ketogenic Diet to discover why what you said isn’t true. Read both, learn, and understand the differences. Or just pick one arbitrarily – they’re both good.

ive read them i have the anabolic diet book and anabolic soultion also lyles the ketogenic diet book. There both high fat medium-high protein, the only difference is in keto its 1 gram of protein per pound of bw or per .9 grams, the anabolic diet its 30-40% of you caloric needs. The rest is fat in both with a little carbs coming from veggies or light bread. The only difference really is the carb up

[quote]thomassj wrote:
ive read them i have the anabolic diet book and anabolic soultion also lyles the ketogenic diet book. There both high fat medium-high protein, the only difference is in keto its 1 gram of protein per pound of bw or per .9 grams, the anabolic diet its 30-40% of you caloric needs. The rest is fat in both with a little carbs coming from veggies or light bread. The only difference really is the carb up[/quote]

Consider this interview regarding The Anabolic Diet and ketosis: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/power_talk_part_ii_an_interview_with_dr_mauro_dipasquale

Anyways, you’ve read both. Pick the one that best suits your lifestyle/schedule.

thanks bro for the article.