Keto Support Group

Vain68>> Thanks for the info. BTW do you, or anybody else for that matter,find they can get into ketosis on more than 30g carbs/day when being very active? Im not talking doing sports all day long- the reason im asking this is that im walking around all day long( no reallly- this is basically my job…but thats another topic=)). Wouldnt excess carbs just be burnt off? Or do they get stored in the liver?

I went for about 5 days eating about 100 g carbs before my workout (mid-day) over 2 meals and including pre/post workout nutrition. Around 5 pm I’d start to get a headache. It was consistent and only happened when I ate around 100 g carbs. When I ate more carbs, I didn’t get a headache. It was as if I had burned all the carbs up through my workout (weights+cardio). That was my experience though. I’m still figuring all this stuff out. I also slept way better on those days too.

hey everyone. i just have a few questions about this keto diet. ive been on it since last thursday, keeping my carbs under 60 on workout days and prolly under 25 on non workout days. im prolly taking in alot of protein, 150grams, is that bad? its just that i eat burgers and chicken all day and thats 0carbs, good amount of fat from the burgers, and tons or protein. also, should i have one day on the weekend where i load up on carbs, or should i just keep it going throughout the weekend. also, how would a couple beers effect my diet. not everyday but maybe once a week on the weekend… ? thanks in advance

You may already know this, but when you feel lethrargic and have a headache, drink a cup of hot water with a boullion cube dissolved. Not sure why, but it seems to help some of my clients.

Strong bump, speardude.

btw, it’s the salt in the bullion that helps.

Since I noticed this monstrous thread bump, I figured I’d just throw in that even if you’re relying on a Ketogenic approach to dieting, you still need to maintain some caloric deficit at times during the week.

I can’t recall all the times I’ve heard, or even witnessed first hand (having lunch with a well known author and coach from this very site!) as people engage in the “as long as I don’t eat carbs I can eat as much as I want and lose fat” bit of very incorrect nutritional science application -lol.

S

Yeah, for sure, Stu. Balancing the calories and balancing nutrients is always important. Doesn’t matter what diet one may be on. I’m personally not a huge fan of diet “types”, but on occasion, someone asks about a diet. Then I’ve gotta research it.