Keto Questions and Help Please!

So I have been watching what I have been eating for the past 2-3 months and have dropped down from 215+ pounds down to about 180. I exercise/lift/train almost everyday and do cardio almost every day as well. Definitely in the 3-5 times a week range, in the upper 4-6. I am satisfied at the weight I have lost but I am still have lots of body fat around my waist that I want to shred and I have read/heard that the “Keto” diet helps this. My questions are…

How do you go on starting the keto diet?
How much carbs should you be limiting yourself to?
Do you do the “carb up” days every once in a week?
How EXACTLY should a keto diet schedule look like in terms of days in a week?
What foods would you suggest in a keto diet?

Keto diet has no carbs man, OR just few enough to keep you in Ketosis (varies personally).

This might not be the diet for you I don’t think, try a carb cycling diet

[quote]peteyyytran wrote:
So I have been watching what I have been eating for the past 2-3 months and have dropped down from 215+ pounds down to about 180. I exercise/lift/train almost everyday and do cardio almost every day as well. Definitely in the 3-5 times a week range, in the upper 4-6. I am satisfied at the weight I have lost but I am still have lots of body fat around my waist that I want to shred and I have read/heard that the “Keto” diet helps this. My questions are…

How do you go on starting the keto diet?

-stop eating carbs

How much carbs should you be limiting yourself to?

-a true “keto” diet by definition means you are avoiding carbs all together besides some fiber from fibrous vegetables and other trace carbs. staying below 40-50g for sure.

Do you do the “carb up” days every once in a week?

-depends on how fat you are. the fatter you are, the less likely your fat loss will stall. the leaner you are, carb ups become more important because they can help with stubborn fat and avoiding losses in lean body mass.

How EXACTLY should a keto diet schedule look like in terms of days in a week?

-really depends on your goals.

What foods would you suggest in a keto diet?

-lean meat, fibrous vegetables, fish oil.
[/quote]

that being said, you should look into carb cycling. theres a good article that was written recently, just go to recent articles. i think its much more effective and you’ll probably be better off considering you’ve never experienced a true keto diet, which can be a bit of a shock to some people.