Keto- or 'Normal' Diet for Max Fat Loss?

OP, just to make sure I have not made all the wrong assumptions, in which case I will withdraw entirely from this thread with a sincere apology for my misunderstanding, can you answer the following question?

Over the past 2 weeks, can you tell me how many grams from P/C/F you have gotten on each of those days?

On a side note, why are you waiting until your postural deficiencies are “fixed” to pick up weights? The right array of weighted exercises will only accelerate the process of correcting your posture. That is one of the benefits of resistance training.

Lastly, any conceived frustration in my OP was not at all targeted at you.

we, more or less, agree. low carb diets are just so natural to me that i dont think of them as being unusual.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
you shouldnt be waiting to start lifting until you get lean. let weight training help you get lean faster… MUCH faster[/quote]

this x100

weight loss without lifting = smaller version of your current self

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
On a side note, why are you waiting until your postural deficiencies are “fixed” to pick up weights? The right array of weighted exercises will only accelerate the process of correcting your posture. That is one of the benefits of resistance training. [/quote]

Very true.

Maintaining a neutral lumbar arch, hinging at the hips as a recent article discussed etc are likely best learned via weights & the basic lifts, not without them.

edited

I am not going to pretend to be an expert on postural deficiencies, but unless you look like Quasimodo, I think you’re worrying about minor details before you have any sort of healthy base at all. It’s like deciding if you should get a tighter suspension when half your cylinders are misfiring.

I was 6’0" 175 lbs of hunched over anterior pelvic tilt and skinnyfat. 1 year later… my “postural deficiencies” were gone, and and I was 210 lbs of happy and damn near tripled my absolute strength. I believe that having a strong core (well, having a strong everything) is what fixed the majority of my posture problems. My magic postural exercises: 5x5 Squats, Bench press, Deadlift, and throw in some rows, pullups and dips.

I HIGHLY… HIGHLY recommend that you begin training ASAP to accomplish your goals both from a body comp perspective and a postural health perspective. Get strong → feel good + look good.

If you get in the gym and start training hard, if your diet is even in the ballpark of healthy, you’ll see night and day results in 60-90 days. If you ABSOLUTELY won’t get under a bar until some pseudo-professional has given you the greenlight on your chakra alignment, then at minimum start doing bodyweight stuff. Pavel Tsatsouline’s “Naked Warrior” might be a good start.

So MY $.02 is this: just try and make better food choices in general. Stop overeating. Start training hard. This is PROVEN to work, 10 times out of 10 for every beginner.

I wish you luck.

EDIT: If you have true severe medical problems, diagnosed by an MD, take their advice.

post pics?

OP: Dont get caught up in the diet nonsense. Since you aren’t lifting yet according to you it doesn’t matter. Its very simple to lose the fat you want. You dont have to worry about burning muscle because you dont have excess muscle to begin with.

Like jskrabac said clean up your food choices. Very simple here. Don’t eat anything processed. Steak, eggs, chicken, fish. Veggies. Fruit. Rice, oatmeal (not instant or flavored), lentils, potatoes. Olive oil, natural peanut butter. Don’t drink your calories!

Keep a food log for 2 weeks. Look at your daily caloric intake. Get the average. For example 3,000 calories.

1. Decrease your daily calories (3,000 to 2,800).
  2. When weight loss stalls increase energy expenditure (start cardio or increase duration of cardio)
  3. When weight loss stalls decrease calories (2800 to 2700)
  4. When weight loss stalls increase energy expenditure (increase duration, frequency or intensity)

Repeat the pattern until you reach your goal.

Again you have no excess or hard earned muscles and are not lifting so you do not need to manipulate your carbs, or fast, or drop carbs completely.

Good luck.