T Nation

Keto, Keto and More Keto

How do you get enough fat on CKD?
I try coconut oil, flax oil but that stuff makes want to hurl.

I am getting 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight and my lean mass is around 185 lbs.

Olive oil
Avocados
Eggs
Steak
Chicken thighs
Whole milk

Fat isn’t hard to come by, dude.

Cheese
Cream
Coconut milk
Ground mince
Bacon
Olives
Sausages

[quote]Xab wrote:
Olive oil
Avocados
Eggs
Steak
Chicken thighs
Whole milk

Fat isn’t hard to come by, dude.[/quote]

No oil cause it makes me gag.

Any combination of the items you mention will not put me in Keto.
I need a ratio of at least 2.5:1 for me to be in Keto. I have tried and that’s why I am posting here.

[quote]plateau wrote:
Cheese
Cream
Coconut milk
Ground mince
Bacon
Olives
Sausages[/quote]

Thanks plateau, sometimes we just need people to point out the obvious.
I just need to stock up on the essentials and stop worrying about it.

Lots and lots of nuts.

[quote]ajweins wrote:
Lots and lots of nuts.[/quote]
Here, try deez.
http://nutsnigga.ytmnd.com/old/

Ground Beef.

[quote]wher0001 wrote:

Any combination of the items you mention will not put me in Keto.
I need a ratio of at least 2.5:1 for me to be in Keto. I have tried and that’s why I am posting here.[/quote]

You will be in keto if your intake of carbohydrates is under 100g and you are moderately active.

[quote]wher0001 wrote:
How do you get enough fat on CKD?
I try coconut oil, flax oil but that stuff makes want to hurl.

I am getting 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight and my lean mass is around 185 lbs.
[/quote]

Ok let me get this right:

You’re 185 lean mass, so lets say (I’m guessing) 210-220 total pounds. You claim 1.5-2g protein per pound of bodyweight.

Thats roughly 400g for ease of numbers. Later you say you need a ratio of 2.5:1 fat to protein for keto to occur.

Basically if I’m understanding this you’re consuming protein (1600cals) and fat (4000cals) for a total of 5600 calories?!

Am I right here? How much do you weigh? Keto isn’t the best bulking method…

Of course it’s hard to get 444.4g of fat/day, In fact I don’t recommend it!

[quote]wher0001 wrote:
I need a ratio of at least 2.5:1 for me to be in Keto. [/quote]

Unless you’re an epileptic child, I second the “keep under 100g and you’ll be keto”, or perhaps I should say, “keto enough”. Plus, don’t scrimp on your protein requirements.

That being said, I think you can find plenty of fat from meat/eggs/butter/nuts/avocado.