Keto Diet

Whats everyone’s opinions on the keto diet? Anyone here ever tried it? I have a friend whos been cutting on keto for a couple of weeks now its working well. Opinions on a keto bulk? It sounds very interesting.

A keto bulk is not interesting.

If you effectively remove carbs from your diet, it gets a whole lot less interesting.

Keto is simply a fad. Not that it can’t work, but rather it is an extreme diet that can get results quickly in certain cases.

SIMPLE answer: keto is for fatties who already demonstrate that their body is more likely to store energy in fat than muscle. For skinnies, it’s only going to exacerbate the problem (for skinnies) of their body storing energy in muscles first.

Part of this is why bodybuilders don’t use keto for bulk. They use it to cut.

I’m not going into the complex answer for you.

My opinion is that its nit for you. Why you ask? Because, your 150lbs at over 6ft tall with a 95lbs bench press. You need to eat every fucking thing you see that is not nailed down and if it is nailed get a claw hammer and unnail the thing and then eat that as well. Your over complicating every thing. At your current state eat, lift, sleep, repeat for a few years.

I don’t want to go on a keto bulk but I am interested and I am researching these sort of things, ive read a couple books on steroids but it doesn’t mean I plan on juicing.

Dont take this wrong way ok I’m not telling you to not educate your self but, stop researching and thinking about the shit so much. If you have no interest in doing it then why waste you efforts on it? Why, waste forum space and your time when you could be sleeping or eating or lifting? Those will get you closer to your goals much faster than sitting on the internet reading 1000 articles on stuff you don’t plan on doing.

[quote]Massthetics wrote:
I don’t want to go on a keto bulk but I am interested and I am researching these sort of things, ive read a couple books on steroids but it doesn’t mean I plan on juicing. [/quote]

i wouldn’t call this researching.

you would benefit from developing your critical-thinking and analytical skills, imo. Learn the basics of nutrition instead of the ‘brands’.

If you know the basics then you can deconstruct each ‘brand’ or each ‘fad’ and understand how said ‘fad’ will affect your body, as we should all understand, we all posses unique bodies.

My friend would be fine on a keto diet, I would be suicidal.

Tried it for about two months, headaches, poor sleep, and poor performance in the gym wasn’t worth it to me. Maybe I’m just not suited for it. It was fun eating bacon and eggs everyday though.