T Nation

Keto Diet Question

This type of diet ant my metabolism is really the only thing that helps me drop the fat, I just do not process carbs well at all, and feel loads better.

I have been on this eating plan as I do not view it as a "diet" it is life long for me and have dropped about 65 lbs.

Strange thing though.

I am a hormone replacement patitend TRT as due to chemical exposure my hormone output dropped off around when I was 35 (now 41) and my Test numbers are around 890 or so.

I am in Ketosis much of the time and due to my schedule with work etc have not been able to hit the weights near as much as I would like but I have come across an odd thing..

I can be in Ketosis a majority of the time and I do notice small changes in my shape, decreased body fat in areas but my physical bodyweight has not moved at all in a few months, I have hovered around 262!??

Can you be in ketosis and not lose physical weight but still see changes even though I do not get to work out consistently?

If it does state as far as the keto sticks go that I am indeed burning bodyfat, then how does my actual weight not budge?

I just find it odd, but it could be totally normal..

Any thoughts?

Thanks as always ..

Chris "Tefuelhund"

Maybe start going to the gym more? If you aren't going, you need to adjust your Total Caloric intake to be less than if you were going to the gym.

You haven't been able to get to the gym as much as you'd like, but you're getting leaner and staying at the same weight? Sounds like a good deal to me. Use the mirror to track your progress. Keto Sticks can be miss leading and just because you're in ketosis, doesn't mean you are going to lose weight. You would need a calorie deficit as well, to do that.

Anyway, you said you were getting leaner? Good job man.