Keto Diet or Carb Cycling?

Yep. Just add 100 or so calories a day in carbs (25 grams), drop your fats a bit (say 25 grams, which is about 225 calories) and make up whatever calories are left with more carbs (so around 55 grams of carbs). If you don’t gain muscle doing that, add another 100 calories of carbs and drop your fats a bit again, etc.

1 Like

@MarkKO ya i to be honest… liking more carb vs more fat… the only thing if i go low fat that gonna annoy me is not eating my peanuts lol

1 Like

Something’s Wrong With This Picture

The fact that “…It sucked big time,” indicates something isn’t right.

The fact that you have to “…set a 20 minute timer and consume carbs every time it goes off” means you are glucose dependent rather than being “Keto Adapated”.

The Take Home Message

You weren’t ever really “Keto Adapted”, in ketosis for some reason. You remained glucose dependent.

That is the reason why it sucked and you need to consume carbohydrates/glucose ever twenty minute.

You body was unable to utilize ketones.

With so little information, it is hard to assess the reason for your dependence on glucose and lack of being “Keto Adapted”.

Kenny Croxdale

1 Like

Thank you for the response and the information! I’ll look back at my records and I can give you an idea of what I was consuming at that time… I know that I was eating NO direct sources of carbs at the time. I recently purchased ketone test strips to help verify my state of ketosis (or lack thereof).

Were you taking Iodine during Keto? normally if you up your salt and potassium you feel a lot better and avoid the Keto flu.

You won’t have to completely cut out peanuts, just eat less of them. Right now I get all my carbs around training or for breakfast and dinner if I’m not training. Still room for some peanut butter.

Thank you!
I discover so many things to cut out my fat I will try to lower down.

so far i upped my carbs by 200 and still losing weight

1 Like

@rymo51 is the weight loss something you want? You look pretty lean already. If you want to add muscle, obviously you need to be gaining weight. What are you macros at the moment?

1 Like

hey… 200 protien… 100 fat… 200 c

Go up to 350 carbs, drop fat to 75 grams

1 Like

a questhion … why raising blood suger before workout is bad?

u still here? can i ask small questhion>?

1 Like

feeling stupid here!! i tense abs i got 8 but i sit i got bely! idk how to lose it

Pretty sure that’s normal. I had the same when I was lean, although with eight you’re a bunch leaner than I was.

1 Like

Sure thing, please just tag me in any questions so I see them.

do u think high freq low voulme per sesson build muscle? im sooo used to bro splits and wanna do something new! @robstein the plan i wanna do is upper lower split

1 Like

That’s certainly not a bad idea if it’s something different than what you’ve been doing. Keep in mind a standard split routine can keep its foundation, and you can adjust the frequency and volume. If you want to do an upper lower split, you can do that too, and I’m sure you’ll feel great and have some good pumps if it’s a new program.

Remember if you’re increasing frequency, adjust volume accordingly so you have enough recovery time between sessions for the specific muscle group. Remember, specific workout plans can all build muscle, so to say “an upper lower split” to build muscle won’t guarantee you’ll build muscle. With your split, to build muscle, you’ll have to ensure you train with a fantastic mind-muscle-connection, are focused, eat towards your goals and maximize your recovery. The best routine in the world won’t build an ounce of muscle if your nutrition and especially recovery aren’t on point.

Feel free to post your split when you make it, be happy to offer any additional input.