Keto Diet & Manual Labor

hey Thibs im curious as to your opinion of using a timed keto diet with a manual labor job. do you think this would affect weight training sessions? and what energy pathway do you think the body generally uses during manual labor?

to clarify when i say manual labor im a plumber/drainer so a day could entail carrying and laying lengths of heavy duty pipe, filling sand bags, digging, chasing concrete walls etc asswel as less intensive jobs like installing water pipes in walls and above ground drainage systems
cheers

[quote]tryn2gain wrote:
hey Thibs im curious as to your opinion of using a timed keto diet with a manual labor job. do you think this would affect weight training sessions? and what energy pathway do you think the body generally uses during manual labor?

to clarify when i say manual labor im a plumber/drainer so a day could entail carrying and laying lengths of heavy duty pipe, filling sand bags, digging, chasing concrete walls etc asswel as less intensive jobs like installing water pipes in walls and above ground drainage systems
cheers[/quote]

I have experience with this. When I was a student I had a summer job loading cement and wood, I was on a keto diet, went from 225lbs to 175lbs during the summer… I was hardly able to train and came close to a mental breakdown.

I have two friends who work manual jobs (ceramic layer and electrician) and both tried going keto for a short while and had to stop because they were miserable and couldn`t focus.

CT, can we interpret this more broadly as you’re not a big fan of keto, period? Especially for lean, frequently training athletes/bodybuilders. I do recognize the “gradients” of keto/low carb though so it would be cool to hear your take on cyclical keto, veggies and fruit only for carbs, and other modifications, etc. You’ll probably advise high carb with your layering system but even if getting shredded is a goal, would you think a keto approach is still suboptimal? Thanks.

cheers thanks Thib ill stick with my sweet potatos four bean mix and oats.
i havent been having carbs with breafast for awhile and i realy like it