Keto diet and Gum Chewing....

My girlfriend is on a ketogenic diet. She chews gum like it is going out of style! It is sugar free so I never thought anything of it… I looked on the pack yesterday and it has 2 grams of carbs as sugar alcohol. If she chews 10-15 sticks a day then wouldn’t this mess everything up on a ketogenic diet?!
We have tried every other diet and she started responding to this one but only for a short time. Thanks for the help guys!

I really don’t think it would have an effect, but I’m not absolutely sure. I remember last summer, I did the keto diet and I got ripped. After my cardio sessions, I would be fiending for sugar. I salivated like crazy when I popped a piece of sugar free gum, and it was the most delicious thing ever. I never did eat too much of it though, so I couldn’t say wether or not the sugar alcohol impeded progress.

I have been on a keto diet for now 4 weeks with continuing progress despite chewing 4 or 5 packs of extra a day (recovering drug addict).

I think its way too much…should have<than 7 carbs/day. Get some ‘ketostrips’ at the drugstore to prove it.